DIO

Do you know how cool you are? You have excellent taste dude.

Thanks but I disagree. I just like what I like, and that goes from Deep Purple to Venom, or Le Orme to Impaler.

BTW, I love Dio with Rainbow and Black Sabbath (including HAH), but not much fan of his solo work.

Major fan of Rainbow. Dio and the Heaven and Hell album are very good, but there's something eerily magical about those first two Rainbow records that I don't think can be surpassed. Once the '80s were hit, all sorts of things had changed - not least of all the culture and the recording methods. Difficult to recapture that '70s spirit in later recordings. Obviously Dio himself is a legend - one of those guys who practically everything he did was solid gold. Just the distinction between 22 and 24 carat ;)

Reactions: Vantage Point
Major fan of Rainbow. Dio and the Heaven and Hell album are very good, but there's something eerily magical about those first two Rainbow records that I don't think can be surpassed. Once the '80s were hit, all sorts of things had changed - not least of all the culture and the recording methods. Difficult to recapture that '70s spirit in later recordings. Obviously Dio himself is a legend - one of those guys who practically everything he did was solid gold. Just the distinction between 22 and 24 carat ;)

Yeah, agreed. I`d add the long live rock n roll album and on stage to the first two Rainbow ones too. Absolutely, they are from that time that cant be recreated now because the world was different then, and so were the fans. It always annoyed me that such bands and people never got mentioned and were rarely shown on TV. The TV companies showed all the talentless pop shít, because that was good for society etc.

Reactions: Storrsson