please recommend a post-Dio Rainbow CD

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
They certainly didn't put the best post-Dio songs on the Greatest Hits record. The second half of that album is loaded down with their hit singles. There are certainly better songs than those on each record.

Here is my philosophy, Soundmaster. I want to replace all my old cassette versions of these albums, because they are worth getting. But I'm also not going to pay full price. I've just been shopping for them used. I picked up Difficult to Cure about a month ago, and it was fun listening to it again. It has some really good songs on it...along with a few weak ones. Once I get them all, I plan to make my own "best of" cd, combining the best songs off the three JLT albums.

NP: Kick Axe - Vices

Sounds like a great plan. And with that said, I think I WILL still give one of these discs a chance. Hey, if it features Blackmore, it's got to be good, right?!?!? :headbang:

IMO, Graham Bonnet is the most annoying singer ever. Other than Hiroshima, I cant even take the Alcatrazz anymore. Just sounds so cheesy and overdone to me. He was awful with Impelletteri as well. :yuk:

You really can't go wrong with Difficult to Cure, Straight Between the Eyes, and Bent Out of Shape. There is some great stuff on all 3.

Yngwie's Odyssey is a masterpiece.

SoundMaster said:
Hey, if it features Blackmore, it's got to be good, right?!?!? :headbang:

Basically that's a hell yeah! I mean even in the worst DP and Rainbow albums Ritchie has great magic to offer :worship:

Platinum Maze said:
IMO, Graham Bonnet is the most annoying singer ever. Other than Hiroshima, I cant even take the Alcatrazz anymore.

There's some video of Alcatrazz doing Rainbow's "Since You've Been Gone" floating around somewhere on You Tube or something. It's fun to watch a baby-faced Yngwie tear it up, but Graham Bonnet prances around like a damned fairy and screeches through it like it's karaoke night at the trailer park. He is so annoying.

This thread has caused me to pull out "Straight Between The Eyes" and give it another couple of listens. "Death Valley Driver" and "Stone Cold" are great tunes. The rest of the album is pretty rockin' actually .... harder rock than I remembered ... but somewhat "just ok" on the songwriting front. The opening two tunes, however, rule. "Death Valley Driver" has an awesome lead break and is pretty much "Highway Star - Part II" in most respects.

Walter_Langkowski said:
Does anyone have the Rainbow album he did with Doogie White that came out in the 90's (forgot the name). I've heard from others that this is a bit of a throwback to the Dio sound. Any truth in that?
Just in case some haven't checked out Doogie's band Cornerstone, do yourself a favor and give them a listen.
http://www.cornerstonemusic.dk/

Electronicoil said:
but Graham Bonnet prances around like a damned fairy and screeches through it like it's karaoke night at the trailer park.
:lol: I guess that counters my JLT comparison to a sponge drying on concrete. Well done, 'Coil!

I've got one Cornerstone album, Whisper. Human Stain. It's pretty good. Nothing spectacular, but definitely good. I still pull it out and listen occasionally. I like Doogie.