Legendary Heavy Metal Vocalist RONNIE JAMES DIO Dies - May 16, 2010

Hawk

Henri Serton
Staff member
Aug 31, 2001
Eindhoven; Rockcity!
Wendy Dio, wife/manager of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW), has released the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45 a.m. [on Sunday] 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private goodbyes before he peacefully passed away.

"Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all.

"We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us.

"Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss.

"Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140129

:ill: :erk:

I'm absolutely agahst. This man was a great influence for myself and was very instrumental in turning me into a headbanger. I'm very glad I had the chance to finally see him a few years ago in H&H.

RIP Ronnie!

Last edited by a moderator:
This f**** my day up for sure. One of the saddest days in music history!

R. I. P. Ronnie. I'm speechless...just speechless.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I got no words to describe how I fell. DIO is part of my life, of my family I´d say. One of the greatest. Today has died a part of heavy metal.

RIP DIO(s) :worship:

A big loss for Metal indeed. May he RIP ....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxzXuzTODEM&feature=related[/ame]

I will go a step further than Sixx and add that this was not only a great loss for metal but of Rock and Roll history in general. RJD was one of the all time greats and one of the best voices in rock, ever. His music always touched me in an emotional way and that was mainly because of the passion, devotion and talent that he had for his craft. I can still remember when I first heard The Last in Line, the record that introduced me to this legend. What a class act through and through. This is an unmeasurable loss for rock and roll but heroes never die. His music will live on with us and I feel grateful that I was able to see The Man at least once in my lifetime.

"Whenever we dream that's when we fly. So here it's a dream for just you and I"

Thank you for everything Ronnie...God bless your soul :cry::cry:

I don't have any words to express how I feel about his death, except to say I am very sad! :cry: May he rest in peace!

Words cannot adequately express my sadness at hearing of RJD's passing. I count myself as being extremely fortunately to hear him sing live with Heaven & Hell 3 times. A lifelong fan since 1983.

I read the rumour late last night that RJD had passed but Wendy Dio countered it. So, I woke up and got on with my day thinking RJD was ok. But I just got back from the mountains and saw the news. :cry:

Back in the early 90's I met a fellow Dio fan online (usenet). His name was Tapio. I thought I was a big fan but compared to Tapio...