Direct Boxes and Reamp Boxes!

NSGUITAR

Oct 26, 2009
Can somebody recommend a GOOD DI box and Reamp box? I'm not worried about the cost, but if somebody could just list some of their favorites, I'd love it.

Also, is it possible to use a profire 2626 as a reamping/splitter device?

Also, is it possible to use a profire 2626 as a reamping/splitter device?

You could go into the DI input and send the DI signal out one of the line out's into the reamp box. You'd have a delay of whatever your buffer size is set to though. If you're running at 64 or even 128 samples it should be fine though.

Marcus did a shootout a while ago that left the radial pro rmp sitting at the bottom of the list, so be wary. I'd play it safe and get the X-amp
For me, from all competitors of mentioned test, X-Amp was at the bottom, than ProRMP. So it depends.
At least reampers with transformer provides isolation.

I have the Radial X-amp and it's noisy as fuck... so i'm using the little labs red eye now! Works nice... but the DI is kinda dull imo :\ I recomend you Avalon U5 for the DI ... i use it in my studio and it's great! Works wonders on bass thanks to the TONE and BOOST knob!

Bumping this.

Right now the Little Lab Redeye is on the top of my list, since it can do DI AND reamping.. What do you guys think?

Are you a DIY kind of guy? I built my reamp/DI box, and they work great! The DI is based off of the Countryman 85, and cost like 60$ to build in total. The reamp box cost about the same, but I don't know what it's based off of. Google "Bo Hansen DI" and "NY Reamp Box".

Are you a DIY kind of guy? I built my reamp/DI box, and they work great! The DI is based off of the Countryman 85, and cost like 60$ to build in total. The reamp box cost about the same, but I don't know what it's based off of. Google "Bo Hansen DI" and "NY Reamp Box".

Also did this. The DI is great. Just gotta get a transformer and I'll have another one :)

Bumping this.

Right now the Little Lab Redeye is on the top of my list, since it can do DI AND reamping.. What do you guys think?

What interface are you running? And do you know (it should be in the manual) the input impedance of the the instrument in? If you have a decent interface with an instrument in, you shouldn't need a DI. DIs are really important if you have a problem with your interface not having enough impedance (and giving you blocking distortion) or if you are running your guitars directly into an ADC like Protools HD192 or Apogee AD-16X.

It is very important however to have a good reamp box, as you want to return the signals output impedance to whatever the guitars pickups where if not lower. I would suggest really focusing on getting a reamp box above anything else if you want to reamp.

The redeye is a Swiss Army knife, it would be a good buy.

Look at it this way- you NEVER see Redeye's for sale on the used market.

That's a very good indication of it's worth. Love mine, works great for active and passive PUs, is very transparent, and DI/Reamp in the same box(super small box too!). Best thing is, you can leave all the cables(for reamping and DI) hooked up and all you do is hit the switch to change modes. No plugging/unplugging all the time.

What interface are you running? And do you know (it should be in the manual) the input impedance of the the instrument in? If you have a decent interface with an instrument in, you shouldn't need a DI. DIs are really important if you have a problem with your interface not having enough impedance (and giving you blocking distortion) or if you are running your guitars directly into an ADC like Protools HD192 or Apogee AD-16X.

It is very important however to have a good reamp box, as you want to return the signals output impedance to whatever the guitars pickups where if not lower. I would suggest really focusing on getting a reamp box above anything else if you want to reamp.

The redeye is a Swiss Army knife, it would be a good buy.

Thank you so much guys! Buying the Redeye right now

Winter-- I'm using a Profire2626. As far as I know, the impedance is quite fine on those, am I right?