Custom Reamp Boxes for sale...

izzyrock

Chilean Rocker
Dec 16, 2006
Santiago, Chile
www.javierbassino.com
A friend of mine makes very good reamp boxes for like half of the commercial price
They go for $100 US i think.
I have one and its very quiet and works great. and unlike others, it has an Impedance pot, so you can even have more tone/colour control before going to the amp. So in total it has: Ground lift, Impedance and Volume control, balanced input and unbalanced output.

Anyone interested?
They are custom built so he builds them as long as someone its pretty much going to buy it.
Custom specs could be possible upon asking tho.

Hey I think I'm working on a similair design to this, can you ask your friend if he had to use shielded wire to reduce hum? If anybody is interested in making one yourself, I have 2 more output transformers I'm willing to sell. They're by Edcor

I could also gather full sets (jacks,transformer, pots, switch, xlr input) I'm willing to sell these for a less than I paid for it just to clean closet

I would be interested in this, been looking for a re amp box for a while but dont have much money to spend. Only problem is i live in the UK!

How much do the transformers for reamp units typically cost brand new? Likewise, how much are all of the components, minus a box?

~006

How much do the transformers for reamp units typically cost brand new? Likewise, how much are all of the components, minus a box?

~006

Lundahl, Cinemag and other cool trannies are like $75 ~ $ 100. There are cheaper alternatives tho'...

The rest of the parts are very cheap. If you google reamp box diy, there a famous (i cant remember the name) transformer builder that has schematics with all the needed parts.

Lundahl, Cinemag and other cool trannies are like $75 ~ $ 100. There are cheaper alternatives tho'...

I'll sell 2 Edcors for 20€ without shipping. I think I paid 26€ for these two without shipping.

Sorry about the delay!!

Here are some pictures
reamp1qc1.jpg

reamp2xg3.jpg

Transformers are Edcor, and they go for the $100 price. If you want another trannie, its fine but price will change. And honestly, these reamp box sound as great as anything, you don't need sincerely anything more "hype".
I used them on www.myspace.com/darkemist

If interested let me know

I have a friend who is great at building these things and soldering and the like... but he doesn't know which parts would be the best for this...

This is what I ordered from mouser for my design, its slightly different but I think most parts are the same

1055-TA2160-EVX 3 3 Ships Immediately 2.800 8.400

1055-TA2120-EVX 3 3 Ships Immediately 2.200 6.600

71-RN65D-F-200 4 4 Ships Immediately 0.510 2.040

31VA405-F 3 3 Ships Immediately 1.400 4.200

31VJ301-F 3 3 Ships Immediately 1.400 4.200

568-NYS234-3 3 3 Ships Immediately 0.540 1.620

5164-1500 6 6 Ships Immediately 1.330 7.980

568-NC3MD-L-1-B 3 3 Ships Immediately 4.550 13.650

Saves you a lot of time for looking, took me quite some time to gather this.

From the looks of it: XLR connector (male or female, or maybe 6.3 jack... depends on your ouput), theres one resistor that says '51' I suppose that's 51k (I'd go with 1/2w metal film, but carbon works fine too), 10n capacitor (get the maximum voltage as low as possible so its not very big, slightly more than anything that's gonna put through there as a surge protector so it doesnt blow), 2 pin switch, xformer edcor or any of the other, 10k pot audio, 20k audio or linear, 6.3 jack for output, plastic ring to islate jack from chassis.

.......... one of the easiest designs ev0r