Dirk Thurisch to release solo album

Gaunerin

vanquish the pain
Oct 5, 2001
ensamhetens vildmark
While there are no news from the Angel Dust camp their vocalist Dirk Thurisch is about to release his first solo album.
He did vocals (of course) and played guitar though as session musician also former Angel Dust guitarist Bernd Aufermann appears on the album. Further musicians are drummer Stefan Gemballa (e.g. Flowing Tears), bassist Anders Iwers (Tiamat) and keyboardist Dennis Riehle. The yet untitled album will be released some time in April/Mai and will musically be in the vein of the track "Freedom Awaits" from the last Angel Dust album "Of Human Bondage".

Also, as Corny already told me via SMS, Dirk is currently handling the merchandise on the Hammerfall ( :yuk: ) tour.
Here's pic of him:

3794.jpg

news and pic taken from powermetal.de, freely adopted by yours truly ;)

When I heard some of the demo-type stuff of his last year on the phone, I thought it was quite cool. He is supposed to be going through Century Media, but you know how that can go. We already came up with a name for the CD last year, but I'm not sure if he's actually going to use it? As far as AD goes, Steven, Dirk and Ritchie have been talking and hopefully getting back together this summer. I'd be a very happy camper. That's why I still have the egroup open because I know something will happen with them. :)