Dirk Thurisch to release solo album

well.....I don't think it's an overall impressive album either but I still believe it deserves a bit more than 2/10. But you don't seem to like Angel Dust or Dirk's vocals in general for that matter, so I guess the result would have been not much different if he had songs less dull as you call it.

First sentences :

Why? The title of this release and the question I pose to Century Media. Why? Why would the label spend money on this mundane release from the former vocalist of ANGEL DUST, a mediocre German metal band that was highly overrated? They can't possibly see a huge return on this...

:Smug:

That guys a fucking retard. I didnt even know until 5 mins ago that Dirk had a solo CD and I read this review. Thankfully they had sound clips, so I heard everything and the songs sound bad ass! Im ordering this CD!

Gaunerin said:
well.....I don't think it's an overall impressive album either but I still believe it deserves a bit more than 2/10. But you don't seem to like Angel Dust or Dirk's vocals in general for that matter, so I guess the result would have been not much different if he had songs less dull as you call it.
Ok I've read your review Cora, as I prefer to know the opinion of an Angel Dust fan.
The title track sounded very good but if you say that the rest is very different I'm not sure to get it soon...
And I love Dirk's voice but I can't stand modern vocal effects :(

http://www.morrigans-pit.org/mp/cd_mercurytide_why.php

Fangface said:
And I love Dirk's voice but I can't stand modern vocal effects :(
That shouldn't bother you too much. There's only this single song where it is used.

Still, ppl hoping to get something to "replace" Angel Dust will be disappointed. But it's their own fault if they do when you keep in mind what Dirk said about the music himself. I advise to give the album a listen and decide for yourself if it is to your liking.

Interview coming soon btw ;)

Yup, unfortunately I became sick over the weekend and still need a day to get better... but hopefully very soon you get to read the interview. We had fun doing it and taking pics *lol*