Discourage Ones artwork.

My housemate said it was an angel descending into hell which makes sense. I always saw it as an angel looking rather discouraged and depressed, and not necessarily to do with hell.

I suppose it's up to each person to decide, which is a bit of a cliche but perhaps appropriate in this case.

It's a great cover though.

I have that "Discouraged Ones" -poster on my wall and every time when I go to sleep, I watch it long time. And I can´t let go with that thing it´s (discouraged, oh yeah!) angel going to hell...

And that black thing top left, I think it´s black shadow of that angel...

But every time when I´m watching that picture, I find something new there. I think it´s good thing, keeps my imagination on the run... :)

(Hope you´ll understand me because my english is so bad :cry: )

It´s beautiful picture anyway!

(ps. Who is that girl (?) in Teargas EP -cover??)

-Mirva-

agree with warsofwinter! It looks like a fallen angel but i don't think that he is discouraged he is just unhappy and depressive.He must have doldrums.But i prefer the Tonight's Decision's cover hmm what is your opnions about it's cover?

"Did you ever say i break sever"

The Discouraged Ones cover is also the cover of some book. It was taken from some public domain archive I think. I've seen this book on amazon.com once, but unfortunately I can't remember the name or else I'd link it for others to see. Regardless of this, it's a fantastic cover and sets a good visual image for the mood of the album.

Concerning Tonights Decision -- I believe that is some of the best layout work ever, in my opinion. It also fits perfectly with the mood of the album.. although that is something Katatonia has always been very skilled at..

Originally posted by forlorn soul
Concerning Tonights Decision -- I believe that is some of the best layout work ever, in my opinion. It also fits perfectly with the mood of the album.. ..

Yes I believe TD has one of the best booklets ever. There is something sooo appealing about the cover to me. I love it!

The Discouraged Ones cover is also the cover of some book. It was taken from some public domain archive I think. I've seen this book on amazon.com once, but unfortunately I can't remember the name or else I'd link it for others to see. Regardless of this, it's a fantastic cover and sets a good visual image for the mood of the album.

Concerning Tonights Decision -- I believe that is some of the best layout work ever, in my opinion. It also fits perfectly with the mood of the album.. although that is something Katatonia has always been very skilled at..

I thought "Last Fair Deal..." was better. Where were those pictures taken anyway? Anyone know? It doesn't look like Sweden to me because of all of the English on the signs. America?

I just want to say, for the record, that I totally agree with that.

The slipcase reissue is even more beautiful IMO.

NP: Devin T. - Ass-sordid Demos

those red colours on my katatonia favourite album are just beautiful.
the photo on the sleeve with the track titles and those blurry stairs are great....

the angel is falling, and the 'hell' looks pretty interesting, like he is sinking into the water/fire fall:loco:

somehow i never leave this deadhouse...

well about 30 secs. ago i screwed it up but well i have found a site with designs like LFDGD
the site is
http://www.seempieces.com/
you will like it... theres also cd covers of DEATH, ICED EARTH and so many other bands... just give it a shoot ok?

The Discouraged Ones cover is also the cover of some book.

Yeah, my Mother got that book from the library a while back. I walked past it and saw the cover, must have stood there 5 minutes trying to think where the hell I'd seen it before (don't you hate when that happens?). Eventually resorted to going through my CD collection, and hit myself in the head repeatedly once I realised what it was.....

Originally posted by Evil Edith

I thought "Last Fair Deal..." was better. Where were those pictures taken anyway? Anyone know? It doesn't look like Sweden to me because of all of the English on the signs. America?

I read a review where Anders said Travis Smith went into a really dangerous neighbourhood to take the photos. I guess it's wherever Travis Smith lives... maybe England? He's an amazing artisit though.

Nah, dude. 'Tonight's Decision' is a masterpiece... I prefer it anyway. It's so ghostly- it perfectly matches the music.