Discouraged with the kemper.. need help

Lol the kemper tone sound 10x time much better. Stop for a day and comeback

Kemper tone has too much bass imo, but other than that it sounds far better than the POD, which is fizzy and harsh. Not sure what to tell you. Make sure your input/output settings, including the Kemper's gate, are tweaked to your liking. Maybe you're just so used to POD Farm that you want everything to sound like it. And like other have said, you can always profile the POD patch.

Fwiw, most stuff in the rig exchange is not good for metal. Even a lot of metal-oriented profiles aren't very good. If you stick with Lasse's profiles and swap the cabs out if need be, you should be able to find something you like. My go-to tone is his modded JCM 800 with a darker-sounding Mesa cab from the OwnHammer IR library. Works for pretty much anything.

I hear an EQ difference and that's about it. Kemper tone has less mids/high-mids going on, IMO.

If you watch videos comparing the Kemper immediately after profiling an amp though, they're virtually identical- 95% of the way there. The reason profiles suck is because people suck at dialing in tones/micing up a cab. TAF is not good for metal either. Stymphalian, ArthurD, and SinMix do the best non-free profiles, but I would still honestly just stick with the Lasse profiles and swap the cabs out if you want a different tone. They're absolutely godly.

And get rid of your dimebuckers, those things sound like shit :lol:

edit: also, make sure with any profile you always check the amp settings. I think the first one is called clarity or tightness or something- most of the settings are fairly subtle, but this one is not and can provide pretty instant gratification by tightening up your tone in a very noticeable way. That might help with some of the TAF profiles since you already paid for them.

I think you just need some better profiles and to play around more.

The KPA feels $2k better than podfarm to me, and is definitely more versatile. PODfarm can do a few tones "okay" but the KPA can do virtually every type of tone really well.

Ok- i did find that out too about the clarity setting. It does tighten and kill off fizz which is nice. I went on a mass tweak a thon when i first got it. I find the kemper a "sound at the source" thing though. Its not like the axe where you can tweak every tiny detail. Also what do you think about the eq before the amp and after? do you mess with it? Sometimes i find it helps tremendously and other times it kills the tone bad.

you CAN endlessly tweak profiles with the kemper but it wont save a bad profile. shit in = shit out.

I sometimes find it hard to get totally awesome kemper sounds for some types of metal. Mostly the Lasse pack does it for me but sometimes I think getting POD farm might be a plan. No shame in using POD Farm though if you prefer it, plenty awesome records made with it. For the record though I think that Kemper sound you posted was not bad.

Maybe not what you want to hear but the Kemper clip is far better than the podfarm one imo. Kemper sits in the mix really nice whereas the pod guitars are quite harsh and bright and are stomping all over the vocals.

It's your ears. I've seen this a million times. Someone gets a new amp, new guitar, new whatever, and they keep going back to the old one. Don't touch POD farm for a month then listen to the Kemper. You'll hear what we're hear right away.

Update- I know about gain staging... i was fucking reamping and somehow the kempers clean sense was on +4.5 instead of 0db completely fucking over and thinning out my tone... Even the updated mix tone was reamped that way hence the fizzy thin shit. Got it now ! jesus christ i feel robbed and stupid. I didnt know that setting got changed. i had it at 0db.

As much fun as it is to play with new gear, just slow down, read the manual and take notes, and click on each of the settings buttons to make sure everything is correct. I bought mine used and the guy set the output to MOD/STEREO so none of the verb/delay effects were audible and I was totally stumped for a bit.