discworld confusion

I don't think it really matters that much. They're mostly related to each other only by the world. I started from Mort and since that I've read Reaper Man, Wyrd Sisters, Guards! Guards!, Witches Abroad, Hogfather and Equal Rites. In that order, never been confused about any of the stuff (well... lets just say I've mostly been as unconfused as you can when you're reading about discworld :D )

But as for the best book to start from, I'd say Mort, Reaper Man or Guards! Guards! of those that I've read. Equal Rites is maybe the worst DW book I've read.

Yeh, it's blasphemy but I wasn't too keen on Equal Rites... The Colour of Magic is the first, so start there and work your way through. Another tip though - Sam Vimes and Rincewind are a wonderful characters, so any books with either of them in are among the best. :D

yep, start with the first and then go from there, some of them are related in ways, but if you start with the first lot then you can branch out and some of the more bizarre things become even more (or less) bizarre. SO, Colour Of Magic it is!

okay thanks a lot :)
i'll order some books after christmas and then i'll sit down in my comfy chair and zip some glögg while reading them :)
and a merry christmas or hell jolner, whatever you prefer ;)