TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
Artist: Dismember
Title: The God That Never Was
Release Date: 2006
Label: Candlelight

You are sitting in a roller coaster car ready to take off at an amusement park. Before the ride takes off the operation guy pops in Dismembers latest album ‘The God That Never Was’. As soon as the first second of the album hits the ride takes off at full force going maximum speed. For the next thirty-five minutes you are strapped in your seat and the ride only gets more out of control. This is how I felt upon first popping in this album. Dismember are one of death metals staples and with their latest release they are still releasing top-notch music. The style is pure brutality from beginning to end just the way the boys like it. One track that stood out to me is "Phantoms (Of the Oath)". It is an all instrumental track and I hear Iron Maiden all over this from beginning to end ("Phantom of the Opera", "Powerslave", and other Maiden like harmonies). Two main topics growled about on the album are none other than war and religion. The band are tighter than ever and pick up right from ‘Where Iron Crosses Grow" left off. Fans of Entombed, Hypocrisy, At The Gates, Decapitated, Vader, and Behemoth will enjoy. Dismember are gearing up for a headlining US tour this fall with Vital Remains, Grave, Demiricous, and Withered. Seeing them 2 years ago at the Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles 6 Pack Weekend II in Cleveland, OH they are a band you do not want to miss and deliver a promising and punishing performance. This album proves that the band shows no signs of slowing down.

http://www.metalasylum.net