Bands in metal that never top their first album.

Paradise Lost

After their first album they really lost most of their killer doom element.They still had a good sound on alot of their stuff but it didn't really compare to their first release

System of a Down for sure!

I have to say no to In Flames and Pantera. I think Colony and Vulgar are their best.

Scott

The first 3 in flames are pretty neck and neck.

I'm going to give storm of the lights bane another listen. I do not remember it being close to the somberlain. I'm really enjoying the new Dissection but it's still very different.

evil miscreant said:
Paradise Lost

After their first album they really lost most of their killer doom element.They still had a good sound on alot of their stuff but it didn't really compare to their first release

THeir first album has least doom elements on it.:rolleyes:

Megadeth - never topped the cool, raw thrash visceral excitement of Killing is my Business.

I would consider lost paradise to have the bands most doom elements but it's still amatuarish and the band wrote 4 better albums after straight through.

^ What he said. I think their debut was one of the worst albums in their career, as well as one of the worst doom albums ever recorded. It may sound harsh, but it's just so amateurish that it's not worth listening to.

TaylorC said:
^ What he said. I think their debut was one of the worst albums in their career, as well as one of the worst doom albums ever recorded. It may sound harsh, but it's just so amateurish that it's not worth listening to.

I am not saying it's a bad and like it, just more saying it's amatuerish compared to some of the bands later works. It's still probably the first doom/death metal album ever recorded.