Bands in metal that never top their first album.

CF87

Dec 15, 2003
Lets make a list of bands that never top their first album or even make another album close to being as good.

Dismember-like an everflowing stream. Dismember are one hit wonders in metal.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
The new Dismember is about equal to LAEFS imo.

:)

Not even as good as indecent & obscene which is not even 50% of LAEFS.

Note* comments regarding someones picks are fine, but lets try to keep arguing out because this could easily get dirty at a certain point.

Adramelech 'pyschostasia'
Exodus 'bonded by blood'
Possessed 'seven churches'
Sacramentum 'far away from the sun'. The following two are good albums but just don't come close.
Darkthrone 'soulside journey'

The Greys said:
Not really.

This is not worth starting an argument over so i'm going to be the man and walk away!

Haha dude that post was supposed to be me agreeing with you and ME being the man.

Jerk.

Also good call on Soulside Journey! Total agreement!

Wyrd's Heathen is so much better than any other release that Wyrd has put out, while I love everything else put out NONE of it touches Heathen.

Emperor's best is easily In The Nightside Eclipse, even though Anthems is an awesome release as well.

Enslaved have come close to, but never managed to surpass Vikingligr Veldi.

Vintersorg with Till Fjälls.

Ride The Lightning is great but just lacks the speed and picking like on kill 'em all. I find the riffs and song structures on kill 'em all to be better and less predictable. Kill 'em All easily has the band best production job too.

Erik said:
Remind me to stay well away of every other Wyrd album then because Heathen sucked ass through an assbong (now Wrath & Revenge had at least one cool song though)

I'll remember to do that then :)

The Greys said:
Ride The Lightning is great but just lacks the speed and picking like on kill 'em all. I find the riffs and song structures on kill 'em all to be better and less predictable. Kill 'em All easily has the band best production job too.

the reason it was predictable was because the newness of metallica had been taken away after kill'em all debuted. as for the speed of the album and song structure...u have won this round the greys but mark my words i will return soon enough...MOOHOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...that is all :danceboy: :danceboy: :danceboy: