Disney music influence?

Danieru

Falsetto
Apr 3, 2005
Nottingham, UK
Does anyone else think that there may be a subtle Disney music influence on Vintersorg's songwriting? Because for some reason, every time I listen to the chorus of 'A Microscopical Macrocosm', it conjures up images of Disney films in my head, especially the "...Filtering the universe..." part. There may be other songs, but this is the only one I can really give as an example.

ps. I don't want to get into a debate about the morality and capitalistic nature of the Disney corporation here!! Regardless of how much money Disney make, I think they have had some great songwriters and composers (for the record, this does NOT include Elton John on the Lion King!)

I'm not sure if it has something similar to disney , but curiously, I found that I already knew the song somehow. Still haven't found what it is, but the melody sounds like something I already heard before!

BreathingShadow said:
worst thread ever

I agree but it is cause for concern, especially in the light of the "cheeseburger madness" fiasco; I'm starting to wonder just for whom Vintersorg won't advertise subliminally. :erk:

Mormagil said:
I agree but it is cause for concern, especially in the light of the "cheeseburger madness" fiasco; I'm starting to wonder just for whom Vintersorg won't advertise subliminally. :erk:

hehehehe...me and Walt have an agreement......not!!
If the tone sequence is in some other song I haven't heard it yet..so that would be strictly by coincidence

mr V

I think the reason a lot of Vintersorg songs come off as familiar is because the melodies are so brilliantly done. I really have to hand it to Mr V, he knows how to make songs extremely technical, yet just as catchy as any pop song. genius!

And "Trance Locator" from VISIONS FROM THE SPIRAL GENERATOR reminds me of Space Mountain. I always said that they should play that song while the ride is moving! :lol:

That whole album reminds me of my trip to Disneyland (mabye that's because I listened to it while on my way to The Happiest Place On Earth).

So this thread isn't as ridiculous as people may think...

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
And "Trance Locator" from VISIONS FROM THE SPIRAL GENERATOR reminds me of Space Mountain. I always said that they should play that song while the ride is moving! :lol:

That whole album reminds me of my trip to Disneyland (mabye that's because I listened to it while on my way to The Happiest Place On Earth).

So this thread isn't as ridiculous as people may think...

well, I think every thread that is about the band, the persons in the band or the forum, the music, the lyrics, the gigs, the merch....etc..it relevant. I don't mind trying to explain my view upon it.

mr V

He should better get so damn popular, that he gets an own rollercoaster like aerosmith in that movie park next to disneyland paris. that rollercoaster rocks!

Parts of "I Den Trolska Dalens Hjär" sound similar to the chimney sweep song on Mary Poppins.

And I have a feeling that if I translated the lyrics from Swedish, they'd go a little something like this:

"Chim Chimney, Chim Chimney, Chim Chimney, Chim Chim Cheree
A Sweep is as lucky, as lucky as can be
Chim Chimney, Chim Chimney, Chim Chimney, Chim Chim Cheroo
Good luck will rub off when I shakes hands with you

Oh, blow me a kiss and that's lucky, too

Now as the ladder of life has been strung
You may think a Sweep's on the bottom-most rung
Though I spend my time in the ashes and smoke
In this whole wide world there's no happier bloke

Chim Chimney, Chim Chimney, Chim Chimney, Chim Chim Cheree

Oh, blow me a kiss and that's lucky, too

Up where the smoke is all billowed and curled
Twixt pavement and stars is the chimney sweep world
Where there's hardly no day and there's hardly no night
There's things half in shadow and things half in light

On the rooftops of London, God what a sight

Chim Chimney, Chim Chimney, Chim Chimney, Chim Chim Cheree

Oh, blow me a kiss and that's lucky, too"

Seriously man,

I'm starting to wonder just for whom Vintersorg won't advertise subliminally. :erk: