Dissection -Reinkaos

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
This is a really solid album. I have not listened to their older-famous material, so I was not evaluating this album compared to their past style and albums. But I really like this album. I disagree with comparisons to In Flames though. Its a different style, and completely different sound.

Cheiron said:
I have not listened to their older-famous material, so I was not evaluating this album compared to their past style and albums.

If you're interested, wait until the two reissues/remasters are out-- if they aren't already.

It's a well made album. No fat anywhere. Just lean and mean.
Then again, Dissection is one of those bands where you aren't sure how to separate the personal politics from the quality of the music. On one hand, Jon is reprehensible, and yet a musical talent.

Cheiron said:
Well. I wasn't listening to metal when that stuff came out. So sue me. I'm catching up as fast as I can =)

You know, in *most* cases it's best to always start with earlier material since bands tend to release their best stuff early on in careers.

That said, you've started with the latest Dissection and while it's all well and decent, it's not even close to their other 2 albums so you're only way is up.

Soul of Ice said:
If people don't know there is one show here on the east coast at BB Kings on July 7th.

I am definitely heading to that one.

yep, and it'll be one of the last chances anyone will ever get to see Dissection.

Go to www.dissection.nu for the full interview, but in a nutshell, after the midsummer massacre in sweden, 1 show in Israel and the 2 US shows, Dissection is ceasing to exist.

Amazing album. VERY different from the first 2, but that was obvious long before this album was recorded. Definately one of the best albums of the year. I'm really hoping I'm able to catch Dissection in NY in July. Emperor too. Cheers!