Dissection VS Dave Mustaine!

Celtik Militia

Dumb French Bastard
Aug 12, 2004
Paris
here's some news of the ever so chaotic metal scene :

Quote:
DISSECTION To DAVE MUSTAINE: 'We Are The Antithesis To Cowards Like You' - May 13, 2005

Reactivated Swedish death metallers DISSECTION have officially cancelled their previously announced appearance at the Metalist Festival in Israel. A statement on the matter from DISSECTION mainman Jon Nödtveidt reads as follows:

"I unfortunately have to inform you about the fact that DISSECTION have been cancelled from the Metalist Festival in Israel (a gig which was 100 percent confirmed), obviously as a result of Mr. Dave Mustaine of MEGADETH (who are headlining the festival) not wanting to play with Satanic bands (according to himself because of his new-found Christian beliefs)! I'm also informed that we are supposed to share the bill with MEGADETH at Fury Fest (France) later in June so I therefore want to say, on the behalf of both DISSECTION and myself; Mustaine, you dare to put yourself in our way but you don't dare to meet us? You want to have DISSECTION cancelled because you do not dare to face true opponents in faith?! You think this will stop us?! We are Satanists, yes, truly enemies of yours! For we are the antithesis to cowards like you! If you are a man of true belief, meet us in France at Fury Fest and stand up for it! Or will you have us cancelled this time too?"

since i'll be at the Fury Fest, i'll be like a reporter and will inform you if anything "exciting" happened.. haha.

yeah i saw "some kind of monster". Mustain was like crying cause he was kicked out and all the fans hated him cause Metallica kicked him out and all.
what shocked me about that movie is that they talk about money all the time. i mean Metallica is so much of a sell out now, they talk in millions and shit.

I think st.anger wasn't as bad as everybody said...
but metallica is such a sell out act...it hurts.
And i hope that there will be a fight betwenn Dissection and Megadeath at the fury fest!!

It sucks for the fans in Israel. If I was Israeli, I would be pretty pissed if Dissection was cancelled from possibly the only show they would ever do in my country.

I see this as a case of Dissection trying to make themselves famous THROUGH Dave. Is that really the only chance they have to play in Israel? Forget that metal fest and go there on your own. Shit... take other satanists with you, Slayer, King Diamond, the list never ends.

Well, I guess he's doing it in true Christian fashion - I think they are supposed to convert people at all cost according to "the end justifying the means" theory. He's just doing what his rulebook tells him to. That, however, doesn't mean I like the guy. He'd have killed Metallica if he'd stayed.

you gotta do it like in those romance novels, you know. long walk on the beach watching the sunset, the wind blows your long silky hair. you grasp a sea shell and pour the ocean water gently down her forehead. you begin to wrestle in the shallows depths of the water. a shark eats both of you.

you know. thats the way it works.... something about the whole 6 layers of teeth thing realy turns chicks on some how... dunno =\