Dissection?

Quoted for the truth...

...at least this one wasn't as ghey as the "Alexi ripped off Mozart and x943843843443 other bands" one. :lol: Still pretty ghey nonetheless.

lol yea, Alexi clearly rips off vivaldi in RLIME part II

yea wasnt sure, I went out on a limb
plus we all know how good friends tony and wolfgang were

Yeah, it's got stuff from his Symphony No 25, (and some Bach in RLIME pt 1, I believe. I've also heard that there's some more Mozart in SNBN). I don't really know if I'd call it a rip-off, though. I don't know. I've always thought of it almost as a cover, or more like an homage, since they're taking something from a totally different style and century, and incorporating it into metal. I think it's something they did not only to make their song really kickass, but to honor the classical composers, and provide an interesting little "easter egg" for those who would know what it is. But hey, I'm a complete optimist, so who knows?

They borrowed the idea of Racer X's live "Loud and Clear" solo in the intro to the solo in "The Bitch Is Back" by Sinergy and SNBN.

I've seen other RX influences in Sinergy too but I can't think right now.

:lol: ^

speaking of rip offs...
one i came across was the line "to gain a new way of power"
Pantera uses it in one of their songs - can't remember which... i just happened to listen to it in my b/f's car yesterday...
Alexi uses that same line w/ the same pitch in the song Hate Crew Death Roll.

rise, "Taught when we're young to hate one another
It's time to have a new reign of power"

but it's pretty obvious it's a tribute to pantera.

Oh yeah, they used the same rhythm and structure for The Sin Trade intro which is the same as Techincal Difficulties by Racer X.

Listen to 'Where Dead Angles Lie' and then listen to any CoB song, then try to tell me that CoB is the same as Dissection, even Nights Blood doesn't sound similiar.

Oh yeah, they used the same rhythm and structure for The Sin Trade intro which is the same as Techincal Difficulties by Racer X.

oh shit, i never noticed that! i'm listening to technical difficulties right now, and you're right, same rhythm.

but i think i like the sinergy one better and that's because it builds up more tension...like it teases you in the beginning and you're just waiting for those descending triplets!!!

Speaking of Ripped off lines, compare W.A.S.P.'s "Blind in Texas" to "You're better off Dead".

W.A.S.P. @ 02'56''
"Boy whats the matter with you, what you trying to do?"

CoB @ 00'19''
What's the matter with you?
what are you tryin'to do?

Speaking of Ripped off lines, compare W.A.S.P.'s "Blind in Texas" to "You're better off Dead".

W.A.S.P. @ 02'56''
"Boy whats the matter with you, what you trying to do?"

CoB @ 00'19''
What's the matter with you?
what are you tryin'to do?

Yeah yeah, and the break before the Solo in YBOD is quite similar to Metallica's Seek and Destroy, yadda yadda.