New Jersey
www.facebook.com
BozzFest 2003
Lost in the Tears of Mischief Night
Thursday, October 30, 2003
4:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.

*pm for address*
Wenonah, New Jersey 08090

An evening of pure Metal brought to you by Southern New Jersey Doom/Death/Thrash act, Distorted Mind. Seating is supplied, but optional and extremely limited. Suggested admission fee is $2, but optional. All donations will go towards our electric bill! Be sure to bring your own food and drink, or eat before you arrive. Refreshments will be supplied, but once more, limited. Be sure to bring a warm jacket, as it may be rather cool out.

Distorted Mind
--Doom/Death/Thrash Metal

And Justice
--Heavy Metal

Wenonah is a hike even for me who lives in NJ! You should try to get on the NJ Metal and Hardcorefest. We have to figure out a way to raise some fundage for your band.

In any event, good luck with the show! When you have material set for a cd let me know...I am an IP attorney and can process your copyright application for about $45-50 total.

DavE

dead6skin6mask6 said:
of course :) thanks alot hehe, maybe some day we'll come down to your area
No Shit, I really am interested in hearing some of your band's (DISTORTED MIND) material. I have a really shitty demo of my former "band/side project" called M.D.K. (murder.death.kill) recorded on a "boom box" (I DON'T THINK FELLOW KENTUCKIAN, ledmag has heard it. Basically, I would open for a 3 piece called STONE KING, which featured 3 of my best friends. There sound was like Sabbath meets Zeppelin meets Rush (I have some demo's). When I opened for them I would do songs like: DOWN/LOSING ALL, KYUSS/TANGY ZIZZLE, KISS/SHOCK ME,COLD GIN,and sometimes ROCK N" ROLL ALL NIGHT, BLACK SABBATH/PARANOID, WAR PIGS, & FAIRIES WEAR BOOTS (once or twice),an original I wrote lyrics for called "OFFER MY SOUL" and came up with some of the music, and crowd favorite and my finest hour WHITE ZOMBIE/THUNDER KISS. Anyway, the demo has versions of "Losing All", "Tangy Zizzle", "Shock Me", and the original "Offer My Soul". Also, I think it has versions of 2 other originals of vocals, guitar, bass, and NO drums and also a "drunken" jam fest where I think I attempt WHITESNAKE'S/STILL OF THE NIGHT & QUIET RIOT'S/METAL HEALTH (I'll have to dig and find it, it was back in 1996).

Keep us posted on DISTORTED MIND

excellent. thanks alot Dave! we're working on our 8th track as we speak, and have an estimated 42 minutes worth of material, if we wish to record an album. we're going for 11 or 12 songs, i think. either way, it will be quite awesome. i'll definitely keep you in mind. how long does a copyright usually take to complete? also, can a track be copyrighted with a demo, or does it have to be the actual finalized track?

Zaneman- once we get a decent recording of our stuff, i'll gladly send you a copy. our songs are really different from the last.
------------------
Thin Air and Empty Shadows - Haunting morgueish keyboard intro
-2:10

The Endless Breath - Our "ballad". Includes some excellent melodic lead basslines, with a touch of guitar note fade-ins w/ help of my volume pedal :) probably one of my favorite songs we have
-6:30

Drowned Mental Destiny - More of a traditional heavy metal song than anything. Even though this is how I describe it, it isn't really Metallica, Megadeth, or anything else. Pace slowly picks up as the song goes by. Currently (and probably the only) shortest "song" we have.
-3:01

Distorted Mind - Our self-titled thrash instrumental with a doom intro and middle section. Some classic thrash riffage with alot of trem. picked low-E palm-mutes :D . Alot of Death (band) influence goes in to some of the riffs.
-7:30

A....something Regret (i forget the title haha) - Yet another keyboard piece
-2:00

A Painting of Winter's Darkness - This song is really awkward and confusing :lol: With us covering Pull the Plug (Death), you can probably hear some of that song's influence on one of our riffs. NO! I didn't steal one, just has a slight similarity :) . You'll also hear some Nevermore influence in this one. Currently the most "death metal" song we have, even though none of our songs stick to one label. Contains the heaviest thing we've written yet. The end of this song smacks the hell out of you with an H-Bomb... no, not hydrogen... HEEAAAVVVVY!!!
-6:40

Lost in the Tears of Reality - This title should look familiar on this board hahaha. My pride and glory. Our longest song (for now... ;) ) contains DOOOOOOOOOM riffage, comparable to Candlemass. Involves THE most technical thing I've written to date. Doom, Death, Thrash!! RAAAAAH! :p
-13:10

Our album name will be 'Lost in the Tears of Reality'. Every track on the album will be about things that people struggle with in their daily lives. Betrayal, war, loneliness, and hatred. Am I emo? Mentally, yes... Musically, no :lol: Why write about things I know nothing about? We put our hearts and souls in to what we do, and do it for no reason other than for our own personal values.

Technically you already have a copyright in your material as copyright protection arises upon creation of the work in question (that sort of answers your other question about whether a demo track can be copyrighted as well...i.e. yes).

The only reason to actually spend the $35.00 (plus postage) to actually file it with the Copyright Office is to (1) put others on notice of your copyright, (2) more remedies are available against infringers, and (3) you establish a set date of first creation on a federal level.

Anyway, once you are done all you need to do is send me a cd-r and/or audio tape with the songs on it and I can file it with the office. It takes between 6-8 months to receive proof of filing (i.e. a nice shiny document that states you hold copyright ownership). When you want to do it let me know and I can draft an e-mail to you telling you how much it would cost ($35-50, depending upon how much the shipping and envelopes cost (probably more towards $40) and what materials you need to send to the office.

I usually charge around $200-300 for clients (as I bill for the hours it takes to fill out the documentation), but for a neverhead of your stature I will only charge you the cost of actually sending it out/filing (i.e. probably around $40.00 total).

Just let me know when you have a full demo, or, if you want to wait, until you have a better produced set of tracks.

DavE

nice. i cannot thank you enough. it should be within the next few months. we only need a few more songs, and we'll be ready. and on a side note, we'll be hopefully getting a show in north jersey or the Brooklyn area soon, if interested.

on a side note... at practice yesterday, we recorded A Painting of Winter's Darkness... it ISN'T 6:40.... it's 8:39 :eek: :eek: :eek: