Distortion Stompbox

Vuts

Jul 14, 2005
Athens, Greece
www.fourwalls.gr
hi and happy new year to all

lately i ve been looking for a nice distortion pedal to add in my pedalboard
i ve seen tones of vids in youtube and read a gazillion reviews

i think i m somewhere between Digitech Hardwire TL-2 - MXR Fullbore - MXR Dime Distortion

anyone has any experience with these pedals or suggestions?

thanks guys

i have an old marshall amp 8040! the idea is to have a decent sound wherever i play cause at the moment i cant afford an expensive high gain amp
i have my eyes fixed on the JVM head but not for now

so i thought a good distortion pedal would be a cheap/good solution for the moment! i really like the metal muff

if you have the time to tweak i'd say you could also consider buying a multi fx, because when you'll eventually have an amp like the jvm it will be of more use to you

i think you can sound as good with the distortion of a decent multi fx unit as you can with with a stomp box
they are harder to dial in though

Get a POD.

the thing is that i already have a pod 2. ten years old
and i ve been using a pod xt pro for recordings and stuff
so i m looking for a change

if you have the time to tweak i'd say you could also consider buying a multi fx, because when you'll eventually have an amp like the jvm it will be of more use to you

i think you can sound as good with the distortion of a decent multi fx unit as you can with with a stomp box
they are harder to dial in though

you are right but i thought that when i get an amp i could use the stompbox as a booster or something
and about the multi fx.. i think the ones that can deliver a good sound are out of my price range - all the pedals that i mentioned so far are like 90 to 100 euros! that must be like 100 to 110 bucks i guess!

Myself i'm still loving my Krank Distortus Maximus. Had it for years and it's never failed (except when i plugged the wrong power supply in, double the voltage and wrong polarity :( )

Good tones in my opinion, works nicely with EMGs, it seems a bit fizzy with passives