Distortion pedals

Ive got a long ways to go with getting my presets shaped out but Im fairly happy with my Art SGX 2000. A little extra boost added to the distortion channel and Im pretty saturated. The parameters of everything can be tweaked for preference -distortion(tube or digital or both), two eq's, delay, compressor, expander, harmonic exciter, envelope filter, noise gate, acoustic environment simulator, low pass filter, pitch transposer, flange,chorus, panner,tremolo(has a pretty good leslie sound available), reverbs, gates, taps,regen, stereo, sampler, digital contour :rolleyes:. Its absolutely crazy. You know the old saying "first of all you need to be smarter than the machine" ? ............ well, it aint gonna happen here ........ :lol:

Got it off ebay with the massive pedal for 270 something shipped. Back in the day the two units were over $800 new. I know alot of guys bought the Alesis multiverb and were more impressed. But Im pretty sure when I get more in tune to the thing I will be set up well. Im already stereo through two amps. However, honestly at this time Im spending my time learning how to play with some form of less sloppyness. I dont even have my riff tecnique back yet. So I really havent put much time into "The Machine" for the improvisation sounds I'll need. They will no doubt be better than when I just played straight through the amps. The preset called "crunch" is far more saturated through the clean channel than I had through the distortion channels of the Randall RG80 & Carvin X100B. I have mild, run of the mill, Seymore Duncan PUs too so the guitar could always use some help... Sad part is the fingers and the mind need the most work and .... well..........

i think the only real problem with caparison (from my perspective) is that their guitars are geared towards such a limited demographic. They seem to do well enough for themselves and the limited demographic that they do appeal to seems very happy with them so it's no skin off my back either way.

Ok...BB Preamp($185), Fulltone OCD($150), BBE Green Screamer($99) or Jetter Gear Gain Stage Blue($229)...any thoughts?

Looking for smooth, creamy, slightly compressed...yet capable of old school metal gain.

I was actually quite impressed with the BBE Green Screamer...nice bang for the buck. The others I've heard online samples but we know how misleading those can be. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with these pedals?

ADA MP-1, TC Electronic G-Major, into power amp section of a Crate GT212 and then into two Celestion G12s-50s. Good sound for me. The MP-1 can produce all the sounds you're describing, Michael, including the metal scorching gain.

I miss my sound. I need a new house so I can have my music room back. If I do get that back, I'm going to try throwing on a BBE Sonic Maximizer to see how that punches me in the face. And I'll add a second 2x12 cabinet. I was in the process of making it but didn't quite get it finished before the music room converted to my daughter's room so the boy could move into the nursery. But that sounds like I'm bitching - I'm not at all.

ADA MP-1, TC Electronic G-Major, into power amp section of a Crate GT212 and then into two Celestion G12s-50s. Good sound for me. The MP-1 can produce all the sounds you're describing, Michael, including the metal scorching gain.

I miss my sound. I need a new house so I can have my music room back. If I do get that back, I'm going to try throwing on a BBE Sonic Maximizer to see how that punches me in the face. And I'll add a second 2x12 cabinet. I was in the process of making it but didn't quite get it finished before the music room converted to my daughter's room so the boy could move into the nursery. But that sounds like I'm bitching - I'm not at all.

Thanks for the tip! I'll investigate.

Traded it in for a Tonebone Classic...now this is livin'!

I haven't heard the Tonebone Hot British...it's supposed to be even hotter...now I'm extremely curious...hope I made the right choice...I'm so fickle!

Hands down the best distortion pedal I've ever heard...natural, smooth, articulate...extremely versatile...I have a feeling I'll be buying a Hot British as well.:headbang:

glad you found the right pedal!

I tried the "classic" at guitar center one time through a use Mesa boogie Forumla one preamp and didn't have much luck because the amp had a faulty preamp tube. I was drooling over those things for the longest time until I came across the BB preamp.

glad you found the right pedal!

I tried the "classic" at guitar center one time through a use Mesa boogie Forumla one preamp and didn't have much luck because the amp had a faulty preamp tube. I was drooling over those things for the longest time until I came across the BB preamp.

Yeah, I think if I had a Mesa Boogie or a Marshall or Engl...something along those lines, i would have gone with the BB preamp...the OCD may have been fine too. My amp just isn't a bruiser like those...it needed more help to get what I needed.

The classic can really sing and rolls off really well...everything from sweet blues tone to classic metal...not crushing metal. I find it to be the most musical distortion pedal I've heard. I'm really curious about the Hot British offering...it's a three stage as opposed to the Classic's two stage...it supposed to be a hotter, higher gain pedal...more "metal". I may end up with one if I ever get the chance to play one. I really feel the Tonebone can make an inexpensive amp sound like the real deal.

I've heard good (possibly better) things about the Hot British model. Eric Johnson had one in his rig for a while if I'm not mistaken. I'll be making an ever-so-dreaded trip to Guitar Center here shortly and I'm planning on giving the Tonebones a rundown if I've got time.