Overdrive Pedals

Jeebo

Dec 29, 2005
Alright, so I'm finally going to be getting a new amp soon (I've got it down to either a Mesa, Diezel, or Bogner) and I'm looking into beefing up my pedal board. So far I have a Morley Mark Tremonti Wah, Peterson Strobostomp tuner, and I will be getting a Digitech X Multi-Chorus as well as Boss DD-6, perhaps a BBE SonicStomp too. As far as overdrive pedals, can you guys suggest some manufactured solely for screaming lead metal tones? I'm getting the Xotic BB Preamp for bluesier stuff (it's an amazing pedal and rounds the amp's distortion out nicely) but it isn't made for metal. I'm basically looking for a pedal that will only add to, not take away from, the amps natural distortion. Again, this is meant for metal leads, not rhythms.

Alright, so I'm finally going to be getting a new amp soon (I've got it down to either a Mesa, Diezel, or Bogner) and I'm looking into beefing up my pedal board. So far I have a Morley Mark Tremonti Wah, Peterson Strobostomp tuner, and I will be getting a Digitech X Multi-Chorus as well as Boss DD-6, perhaps a BBE SonicStomp too. As far as overdrive pedals, can you guys suggest some manufactured solely for screaming lead metal tones? I'm getting the Xotic BB Preamp for bluesier stuff (it's an amazing pedal and rounds the amp's distortion out nicely) but it isn't made for metal. I'm basically looking for a pedal that will only add to, not take away from, the amps natural distortion. Again, this is meant for metal leads, not rhythms.

My suggestion: try either the X series Tone Driver, Boss Super Overdrive, or grab up a Maxon Tube Screamer, any of those would do nicely.:headbang:

I don't like spending lots of money, so I'd say go with an Ibanez TS-7 - PM me for mods to try if neither of the modes gets you what you want. Alternatively, if you're going to be using it for *high* leads *only* (where you won't need the tightened low end from the TS), you can try getting a Boss DS-1 and, again, PMing me for fun things to do to it.

I like modifying pedals. It scares the neighbors and makes my sounds silly.

Jeff

I've been using the sd-1 for a few years but have moved over to Maxon. The OD-808 is a great little pedal I just pop it in front of the 6505 and it hot things up nicely. For value you can't go wrong with the sd-1 though, cheap and cheerful as they say.

I don't like spending lots of money, so I'd say go with an Ibanez TS-7 - PM me for mods to try if neither of the modes gets you what you want. Alternatively, if you're going to be using it for *high* leads *only* (where you won't need the tightened low end from the TS), you can try getting a Boss DS-1 and, again, PMing me for fun things to do to it.

Yeah, the mods are really not that hard. I have a Ts-7 that's basically an 808 at this point, and I love it - but even the stock pedal is pretty good...