distro review thread

So I'm having problems with Bland Hand Records. (website http://www.againstnature.us/ )

I purchased from them a copy of Revelation - Release the 17th of last month. After two weeks and not receiving anything I sent them an email about it. I got a "we'll get it right out." Two weeks later, still nothing. I opened a claim on paypal. They didnt bother to answer it in 3 days so I escalated it to a claim. There's still been no answer.

I know it's just 12 bucks but this is fairly sad to me... they already give all their releases as free mp3 downloads, but I wanted to own this album and wanted to buy it directly from the label since they do everything for free.

:(

It's all good dude, it's only run by John Brenner and I think right now he's sick or incredibly busy. But regardless he took once awhile to send a haul out but he doesn't need any hostility or anything like that man..he's just a busy man, and just email him a few times and you should get your shit. Also he's probably the best musician of our lifetime so just consider that a donation!

Well I never heard back from him... he also never answered the paypal dispute. Paypal just refunded my money.

I'm going to sing the praises of Madrushmedia.

http://www.madrushmedia.com/

Dave runs it pretty much by himself.

He sells through ebay, but you can email him and buy from him directly if you want.

He's the nicest guy you'll talk to. He has a pretty random selection of good metal, touches everywhere...

He'll also buy bulk you're trying to get rid of or he'll trade with you.

I arranged a pretty big trade with him (18 used cds for 7 new in the shrink wrap) he sent very quickly and safely and even included posters, pins, buttons and stickers.

Bottom line, he's a nice guy, he sends very quickly, and I cant reccommend him enough.

I'm from the USA

Hell's Headbangers
Selection: alllllll sorts of shit.
Orders: Just one thus far
Shipping: Less than a week, I believe
Secure: yes
Additional comments: GREAT experience. Shit came wicked fast, great prices, and an absurd selection. They also have a bunch of really cool things like 5 cds for $35 (limited selection but good ones). They had the new Denouncement Pyre t-shirt that I'm actually wearing right now, and I got their Hell's Infantry cd. Super prompt emailing and charging... this was just a perfect experience all around.

Dark Descent www.darkdescent.net
Selection: brand new label, so limited selection but had what I want
Orders: Just one so far
Shipping: Haven't gotten it yet, but only ordered last Thurs
Secure: yup
Additional comments: These guys are great; Matt and Cory have begun a really good label and distro; they've only got a few releases, but they were ones I've been wanting: Morbider's debut cd and the Burial Invocation EP. Morbider is signed to Dark Blasphemies, but Burial Invocation is on Dark Descent, and just came out a week or two ago. Their store has only been open basically since the end of January, and I ordered last week and I was already order #20, so they're doing well... Prompt emailing, billing, and always answer emails as fast as they can.

Love both of these!! :kickass::kickass::kickass:

Just buy everything Hell's Hellbanger puts out on vinyl!! :worship:

Posting my hauls soon :headbang:

Not sure if anyone else is in the same boat as me, but I ordered the following LPs from Necroharmonic ages ago (would be at least a year ago);

Crematory - Denial LP
Gorement - This Ending Quest (think it was this or the compilation) LP

Anyone in the same boat? He keeps saying they are coming soon but it has literally been over a year (even more) since i paid for these.

Not happy about this.

Necroharmonic bands aren't really my cup of tea, but I think it's pretty well known that they are an unreliable label. There are threads all over the internet about pre-orders dragging on for over a year.

Just because we have a mod that likes to redirect here, this thread is outdated and mostly USELESS. Theres no real help to be found in reading this thread.

CMDistro.

They have a big selection of shit, and I've never had any problems with them. Their prices are pretty affordable, and their Clearance section is amazing. :kickass:

Ominous Domain, I get most of my stuff from them these days. Prices are near retail, but shipping is dirt cheap & the service is outstanding.

since this thread is mostly dead, I was wondering what online distros people use to buy metal vinyl the most? who has the best prices and best selection?

For the US, I think hells headbangers is unbeatable. Their prices are usually lower than the label that releases the vinyl. Nuclear war now is also great. Of course there's always the issue of these places having extremely limited stock on other labels releases, but that should be obvious. Gotta jump on something if you think they'll sell quick, or they will be go e.

What is a good place for buying long sleeve shirts (or just shirts in general)? Should I go straight to the label?

It is tough finding long sleeve shirts I want from a US place.

What country you are from: Midwestern United States

Pathos Productions (.com)
Selection: Brutal death metal and assorted other genres
Orders: 1
Shipping: 3-5 days
Secure: Pay through Paypal whether you have an account or not. Pretty easy
Additional comments:

Buy 6 get 4 free? Yes please! You have to actually pay for the more expensive ones and the lesser priced ones will be free. He'll call you out on this too.

John is a cool dude to talk to and if you friend him on Facebook he'll advertise all types of shit he sells.