distro review thread

Century Media angers me. Been waiting over 2 weeks for my CDs.

Also, no idea what's up with Black Mark, but I ordered 2 CDs from there and haven't heard a single thing (or been charged for them) since.

I'm from the USA

Hell's Headbangers
Selection: alllllll sorts of shit.
Orders: Just one thus far
Shipping: Less than a week, I believe
Secure: yes
Additional comments: GREAT experience. Shit came wicked fast, great prices, and an absurd selection. They also have a bunch of really cool things like 5 cds for $35 (limited selection but good ones). They had the new Denouncement Pyre t-shirt that I'm actually wearing right now, and I got their Hell's Infantry cd. Super prompt emailing and charging... this was just a perfect experience all around.

Dark Descent www.darkdescent.net
Selection: brand new label, so limited selection but had what I want
Orders: Just one so far
Shipping: Haven't gotten it yet, but only ordered last Thurs
Secure: yup
Additional comments: These guys are great; Matt and Cory have begun a really good label and distro; they've only got a few releases, but they were ones I've been wanting: Morbider's debut cd and the Burial Invocation EP. Morbider is signed to Dark Blasphemies, but Burial Invocation is on Dark Descent, and just came out a week or two ago. Their store has only been open basically since the end of January, and I ordered last week and I was already order #20, so they're doing well... Prompt emailing, billing, and always answer emails as fast as they can.

Regarding Hells Headbangers, their prices are cheap but roughly, how expensive is the shipping costs? I live in Canada and I'm thinking about ordering a bunch of CDs from them.

Those places are one in the same. I would advise against it. Most of their stuff is not in stock, & they are very slow. Not worth it IMO.

hmm, that sounds a bit dodgy.
they did tell me, though, that since it isn't in stock it might take up to 3 weeks for delivery. Since time isn't a factor for me (just reliability, really), that wouldn't make them worth avoiding.

is the speed the only problem you had with them?

hmm, that sounds a bit dodgy.
they did tell me, though, that since it isn't in stock it might take up to 3 weeks for delivery. Since time isn't a factor for me (just reliability, really), that wouldn't make them worth avoiding.

is the speed the only problem you had with them?

Sort of. I ordered from them 3 times. First 2 times were just slow. The 3rd time I ordered 2 shirts, one they said they couldn't get & refunded me for it, the other one they sent me a women's shirt & I ordered a men's. Considering they ship from overseas it would have been a pain in the ass to return so I just kept it & tried to sell it on ebay.

Sort of. I ordered from them 3 times. First 2 times were just slow. The 3rd time I ordered 2 shirts, one they said they couldn't get & refunded me for it, the other one they sent me a women's shirt & I ordered a men's. Considering they ship from overseas it would have been a pain in the ass to return so I just kept it & tried to sell it on ebay.

mmmmmm interesting. thanks for your feedback.

Ordering from Sao Paulo, Brazil

1 - Hell's Headbangers :kickass:
Selection: Great Death and Black Metal stuff
Orders: Two so far, there will be more
Shipping: fucking fast
Secure: yes
Additional comments: Excellent experience. Shit came wicked fast, decent prices, well packaged. Shipping didn't cost much, considering the number of cd's ordered (16 first order and 12 on the second) and how fast they got here.

2 - Abyss Records www.officialabyssrecords.com :kickass:
Selection: Thrash, Death and Black Metal, he's been releasing some cool bands. Also some hard to find stuff at decent prices.
Orders: Twice, both went pretty smooth.
Shipping: Fast, with USPS tracking service. Good packages.
Secure: Yes
Additional comments: Dan is a great guy, I'm trying to get him a good distribution deal down here. I'm sure I'll get back and order new stuff, highly recommended distro.

Anyone else here had any problems with The End in the past? I ordered a couple of Running Wild albums from them a few months ago,it turned out they were'nt in stock but I gave them about 3 months and only contacted them about it a week ago to see how much longer they'd be.Three emails later and they still have'nt even bothered getting back about it.I don't think i'll be buying from them in the future.
Fuck The End,I just had Drew from The End tell me that they are'nt able to get these two Running Wild albums and that he's refunded my $,like fuck they have,it's not there,what a fucking rogue.I had a similar issue with Relapse in regard to the out of stock atm 'Onward To Golgotha' cd,just the other day I re-ordered from them with no problem and they were prompt to respond in regards to the problem..but The End took multiple abusive emails to even get a response,then the prick tells me he's refunded when he most certainly has not.Be wary of The End.

^ Wow that sucks, man. Hope they get your cash back :(

I've ordered some CDs from Metal Disc back in June, and never got answered. The only information I got is that the order was submitted :confused:

Sent them an e-mail some 40 days after placing the order, and no reply since then. Well, that's sad. They've got a fine selection but apparently they don't care much about their customers.

That sucks about The End sloughfeg. I have had about 4 issues with them, but Drew took care of all of them in a timely manner. I have ordered from them an awful lot through their site & amazon the last few years.

It was'nt until I mentioned that i'd tell friends on forums about it that they even bothered to answer back,Drew ordered the person in charge of that area to refund the $ but it's still not there,in the end I just said to send out the two cds that I put in my cart,whether or not they've sent them,christ only knows.After all these years of ordering off the net this has been the only problem i've had and that includes ebay, fortunately.I suppose i'll just have to call it a loss.Maybe it's because I hardly ever order from them,the only reason I did was because they had these Running Wild cds listed,apparently they've since removed them but it does suck a bit.Hope you end up getting your albums from Metal Disc mate.Yeah brooks55 Drew apologized but I told him what I thought of their customer service and will have to just wait and see if these two other cds turn up in replacement,i'm not gonna bother chasing it up anymore.