distro review thread

I recommend you guys get on the Autopsy Kitchen Records mailing list. He runs sales for people on the lists, and doesn't incessantly pester you with emails, only when one of his bands is releasing something. There was a $5 sale around Christmastime.

Edit: And now the site is down, nevermind. I guess it was a matter of time until the some of the smaller distros started to struggle.

I wouldn't recommend Candlelight tbh, even for preorders, which is sad, because I could only preorder the new Absu and BAN from them. I realize it was probably a mistake. First off, they process preorders for some reason through a related company (Manic Music I believe?) and it's a little shady imho. I didn't get charged for the preorder until it shipped, which killed my bank account (granted, I should have been balancing my register before that but, shut up...I've never seen a preorder place not take your money right when you order), and the shipping has been bad. They said they shipped the package priority and it's been 9 days since it allegedly shipped.

cdjapan.co.jp - not recommended.

full of rare stuff from japanese underground bands, but shipping is very very very slowwww...
I've ordered some CDs 2 months ago and still nothing at the horizon.
Don't tell me that because of the distance between Japan and Europe that takes time, because yesasia.com (Japan) takes only one week.

I'm putting a good word out there for Ars Magna Recordings. I placed an order with Ars back in January. After waiting a month to no avail I contacted Rob to ask about my order. Not only did he send me out a replacement package, he included two free full lengths and an EP from bands he has signed (Carrion Wraith, Darkflight, Zargof), a compilation including some of his other bands, and even a free CD case. There aren't enough good things I can say about Ars Magna after that so everyone go check out the distro and buy lots of stuff right now.

AM rules and the guy who runs it is a good dude, my friend deals with him all the time for his distro. He's also putting out the new Molested reissue and is going to be as far as I know the only official distributor of the Molested LP reissue put out by Galgenstrang in Germany.

I'm putting a good word out there for Ars Magna Recordings. I placed an order with Ars back in January. After waiting a month to no avail I contacted Rob to ask about my order. Not only did he send me out a replacement package, he included two free full lengths and an EP from bands he has signed (Carrion Wraith, Darkflight, Zargof), a compilation including some of his other bands, and even a free CD case. There aren't enough good things I can say about Ars Magna after that so everyone go check out the distro and buy lots of stuff right now.
Seconded. I ordered from there earlier this year and he sent the package to Canada very quickly

What is the lino to NWN!

BY the way im from Chile and the only distro that screw me up is Open Grave Records they have lots of sales but the second order I made never arrive and I sent emails to them and they never give me an answer not even an "that's not our problem" they just didnt reply to me (i sent them a lot of emails) :(

What's the best distro for an American looking to buy European power metal? My main concern is price rather than selection, speed, or obscurity. Low prices and special deals/clearance, stuff like that. I looked at Nightmare but I'd honestly like something more oriented towards Euro power.

You're from MA, so order from Sentinel Steel. He charges in-state tax (5%) but the shipping will be fast likely. Amazon also has some stuff.

Hey dudes. Andreas of Metalseek just rolled out a new site for his distro. It's based in Europe so Americans might not find too much use out of it because of weak USD-EU exchange rate but Europeans on this board will probably dig it.

Right now he's offering a 5 Euro discount on the first order of any Ultimate Metal visitor or registered forum user. When you check-out, just use the coupon code ultimatemetal. If you have any questions, ask me and I'll forward inquiries to him.

Andreas thanks you for any business. Check out the shop below and support this dude, he's doing a lot for the global metal scene by running Metalseek (see my sig or above for the link). Cheers, you may now resume your posting and/or purchasing habits per usual!

Guys, US label Epitomite Productions is having a very good deal:

Changing the way its done!​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BUY 3 CD's GET 3 FREE!!!![/FONT]​
Not just for X-mas anymore. Our widely popular buy 3 get 3 free pricing is now being offered all year round. We know you extreme metal fanatics are working hard for your cash, so make it stretch as far as you can. The best prices anywhere!!!​

http://www.epitomite.com
Epitomite@yahoo.com

Cheers!

Just putting in another good word for Ibex Moon here. John messed up one of my orders a few weeks ago and sent me entirely wrong items. After I got in touch with him he attempted to send me the correct items and messed it up once again. The third time was the charm, he got me what I ordered and gave me a free Asphyx shirt for my troubles. He was always polite and provided quick responses so this was a very positive experience for me overall.