distro review thread

FINALLY after many delays and improvisations, the much-awaited Diabolical Conquest store is up in the form of two baby-sized distros based in two different countries, one in New York, USA and the other in Mumbai, India.

twothumbsupbaby.jpg

http://diabolicalconquest.com/store.htm

Selected titles from various genres but good ones.

All CDs € 8 EUR / $10 USD / $11 AUD postage paid worldwide.

:wave:

2 - Abyss Records www.officialabyssrecords.com :kickass:
Selection: Thrash, Death and Black Metal, he's been releasing some cool bands. Also some hard to find stuff at decent prices.
Orders: Twice, both went pretty smooth.
Shipping: Fast, with USPS tracking service. Good packages.
Secure: Yes
Additional comments: Dan is a great guy, I'm trying to get him a good distribution deal down here. I'm sure I'll get back and order new stuff, highly recommended distro.

I second Abyss Records. That store is awesome.

Fukk The End,no refund just internet faggotry and they even had the nerve to put me on their mailorder list,it's been over a week and still a no show in my paypal account....I'll never,ever buy from these charlatans again!! Despite the fact that they are a gay distro at least they could do the right thing by their PAYING customers but NO...they have the internet to hide behind.
edit:the $ was refunded today after,numerous abusive emails,what a hassle and shitty experience.

Just got my awesome Slugathor - Circle of Death shirt in the mail today from Agonia Records & it's a fucking 2XL & a longsleeve. WTF??? I just sent them an email about it, I hope they fix it. My invoice clearly states that I ordered the T-shirt in a size XL. I guess I could deal with the longsleeve if there was some sleeveprint, but longsleeve's without sleeveprint are gay. The fact that it's a 2XL I can't deal with. The thing would swallow me. I usually wear a large, but order an XL when I order from European distro's as they usually run a little small.

Anyone know a distro that keeps old school death metal albums in stock for a decent price?

(a stretch, I know.)

I returned the Slugathor shirt to Agonia Records & got the right one in the mail on Monday. Kind of a pain, but worth the wait. It's a bad ass shirt.

So I wasnt ripped off or anything, but I find this to be either extremely lazy or generally deceptive.

http://www.epitomite.com/iframes/distro.htm

Now maybe this just seems like I'm whining because I didnt get the albums I wanted for cheap... but I sent him a message asking availability of SIX ALBUMS. Every single one was out of stock.
Why are they listed on the distro? Is it lazyness? Is it an attempt to make his selection look better, when in actuality he has little more than his label's releases? I'm not really sure.

I have a little down time so I'm going to do a few distro reviews

I'm in the US, and all reviews are for distros sending to the us (duh)

PlanetMetal - http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=114166081967523&1&index=0
Selection: Varies, lots of black metal. Distro is small but makes up for it with quality.
Orders: Twice, both were very smooth.
Shipping: Fast, Good packages, reasonable price.
Prices: Cds are $10 or $5. Vinyl is $15-25
Secure: Yes
Additional comments: some of their $5 cds are cheaper than anywhere else on the internet.

Comatose Music - http://www.comatosemusic.com/index2.html
US
Selection - Mostly Brutal Death Metal. Old School metal here and there
Orders: Many
Shipping - Fast and Free
Prices - cds are $10-12, buy 3 get one free
Secure - Yes
Additional Comments - always has a buy 3 get one free sale. (sometimes buy 3 get 2) Similar to Sevared records in this way. Expect a couple smashed jewel cases from here or sevared though.
Overall, I like comatose more than sevared because they have a better selection of non-bdm

Razorback Records - http://www.razorbackrecords.com/
US
Selection - Mostly horror inspired death metal
Orders: several
Shipping - reasonable
Prices - $10-12 per cd
Secure - Yes
Additional Comments - none

CM Distro - http://www.cmdistro.com/
US
Selection - Huge
Orders: several
Shipping - shipping here is fucking expensive. $3 + $1 for each cd. Shipping can be slow.
Prices: Range from extremely low clearance items to high
Secure - Yes
Additional Comments - I recommend hitting the clearance bin here or waiting for a sale.

Emetic Records - http://www.emeticrecords.com/
Us
Selection - Relatively small. Mostly death and black metal
Orders: 2
Shipping - Free priority shipping in US! Holy shit. Always sent extremely fast and packaged in a box. Make sure you select free under shipping options because the default will charge you
Pricing - Fluxuates from $8-16 per cd. Mostly $8-10
Additional Comments - I love this distro. It's random old school death metal and a little sludge at reasonable prices and it ships fast and free. What more could you ask for?

So after 22 months, I finally received the second half of my order from supercrank.com. May 2 of 2009 I ordered a Death shirt and a Carcass shirt. They charged my card but never sent me anything. It took me a few months of fighting with automated response emails to finally get something sent - the Death shirt with a packing slip telling me the Carcass shirt was on back order. So I wait a while and it never shows, I go through a series of sending emails to pretty much every link on the site I can find, and again get nothing but a bunch of automated responses. I'd get messages that would basically say something like, "Your order has been updated. Current status: Processing." This went on for a while until I just plain forgot about it for a long time. Then back around Thanksgiving of last year, I remembered and sent another email. Same automated response bullshit. I wrote one more email, threatening legal action and whatnot (the same thing I did before they finally sent me the Death shirt,) but didn't receive any response this time and once again forgot about the whole thing. Then about a week ago I get this email from a real live person (imagine that) apologizing that my order was "totally messed up" (you think?) and that it would be sent immediately. He thought I'd be happy that they added a free shirt to my order. Would have been nice if they had at least let me pick after all the hassle instead of just handing me whatever they were probably overstocked with.

So I guess the moral of the story is don't order from supercrank unless you have an awful lot of patience.

Any thoughts on Osmose Poductions (France)? Their store has a nice and wide selection. A bit expensive though, as we're talking euros.

Would like to know if you guys have ever tried buying from them and how things went. Thanxs in advance!!

^I've never bought from Osmose because they are so damn expensive.

So after 22 months, I finally received the second half of my order from supercrank.com. May 2 of 2009 I ordered a Death shirt and a Carcass shirt. They charged my card but never sent me anything. It took me a few months of fighting with automated response emails to finally get something sent - the Death shirt with a packing slip telling me the Carcass shirt was on back order. So I wait a while and it never shows, I go through a series of sending emails to pretty much every link on the site I can find, and again get nothing but a bunch of automated responses. I'd get messages that would basically say something like, "Your order has been updated. Current status: Processing." This went on for a while until I just plain forgot about it for a long time. Then back around Thanksgiving of last year, I remembered and sent another email. Same automated response bullshit. I wrote one more email, threatening legal action and whatnot (the same thing I did before they finally sent me the Death shirt,) but didn't receive any response this time and once again forgot about the whole thing. Then about a week ago I get this email from a real live person (imagine that) apologizing that my order was "totally messed up" (you think?) and that it would be sent immediately. He thought I'd be happy that they added a free shirt to my order. Would have been nice if they had at least let me pick after all the hassle instead of just handing me whatever they were probably overstocked with.

So I guess the moral of the story is don't order from supercrank unless you have an awful lot of patience.

That's terrible...I can only say I've had one really bad experience. Asenath Records in Mexico, it took half a year to get one CD. After several emails, and him saying he sent it, I finally filed a complaint with paypal. I'm not sure they would have done much given that it beyond a certain amount of days since I made the purchase, but the seller seemed to take it seriously. To make up for it, he gave me two additional CDs for free, including one of his own band. :lol:

I honestly wasn't sure if the guy was trying to rip me off or not. I've got half of my relatives down in Mexico, not too far from where his city is, so it wouldn't have been wise to. Just for the hell of it, I was thinking about mentioning that in one of my emails to him, just to see if that would've have made a difference.

Ordering from Sao Paulo, Brazil

1 - Osmose Productions - www.osmoseproductions.com
Selection: Great Death and Black Metal stuff
Orders: First time, I'll get back there soon
Shipping: fucking fast (ordered 03/20, got the package today)
Secure: yes
Additional comments: Excellent experience. Shit came wicked fast, well packaged. Not the cheapest site ever, but prices are overall decent (in Euros). Shipping didn't cost much, considering the number of cd's ordered (16 to be precise) and how fast they got here.

Just as an example, the new Necros Christos CD costs Eur 12.50

I've never bought from Osmose because I recall them being a bit more expensive than most, and certainly pricey with shipping.

However, I love ordering from France because France consistently has the fastest shipping. I get CDs twice as fast ordering from France than I do from nearly everyone else.

Ordering from Sao Paulo, Brazil

1 - Razorback Records - www.razorbackrecords.com
Selection: Limited selection, mostly Death and Black Metal stuff, a little Thrash and Doom.
Orders: First one
Shipping: Fast enough (ordered 03/22, got the cds today)
Secure: yes
Additional comments: Excellent experience. Good package, registered airmail USPS, decent prices. When ordering outside US they charge US$ 2.0 per jewel case. CDs usually cost US$ 12 (10 bucks for those in the US).