I DON'T BELIEVE IN MAGIC
Dec 4, 2006
www.chrislucasproductions.com
Holy shit I'm hyped. Downloading the demo now:
http://dmgaudio.com/products_equilibrium.php

equilibrium.png

Overview

Massively flexible EQ suitable for all critical professional applications
Audio Engine can be incredibly low CPU usage, or incredibly high for mastering applications
EQ features pristine digital curves, plus circuit models of vintage EQs, and engineering filters
Completely reconfigurable UI with set-up wizard to suit to your specific workflow
Extensive routing, grouping, channel and metering control
Extensive analyser functionality, including 1/3 octave, 1/12 octave, spectrograph
Even in lowest CPU mode, generates super-high-quality prototypes - clear undistorted top-end
In FIR mode, Linear, Analogue, Minimum, Zero-Latency Analogue or even Free phase control
32 bands of EQ, Q 0.1->50, +/-36dB range
Each band can be Peak, HPF, LPF, High Shelf, Low Shelf or Notch
In stereo, each bank can process Mid, Side or the full stereo image
Surround support for channels groupings in DTS
Fully parametric filters (high and low-pass), 6/12/18/24/30/36/42/48db/oct
Windows VST, VST3 and AAX as 32+64bit, RTAS 32bit
Mac VST, VST3, AU and AAX as 32+64bit, RTAS 32bit
Sound

Circuit models of vintage EQs from history, model numbers including: 4000, 3 (4 modes), 110, 550, 88, 32, 250
Filters include: Coincident, Butterworth, Chebyshev, Bessel, Critical, Legendre, Elliptic, Allpass types
First-order, second-order, vintage, and tilt shelves
Classic DMG Bells and notches, with a +/-36dB range, and a Q range from 0.1 to 50
Classic DMG Shelves which let you move the resonance above or below the curve
Classic DMG Filters at 6/12/18/24/30/36/42/48 db/octave, sweepable resonance
M/S processing mode, allows you to process Mid, Side or the Stereo image
L/R processing mode, for independent Left and Right EQ
Surround sound support upto 7.1 DTS, with channel grouping matrix, and per-pair M/S processing
Per-band phase control, plus quick access to Linear, Analogue and Minimum phase modes
Extensive Impulse Response design controls, including a selection of parametric windows, length and padding
Vision

Flexible, modular, configurable UI
Big, clear, antialiased graph
Hi-res Spectrum analyser with multiple modes
Range, to scale the EQ response, both +ve and -ve
Frequency shift, to allow you to retune the response
Configurable multi-channel metering, supporting K-metering and variable ballistics
8 banks of A/B
Full preset management system
Undo/redo
Autolisten mode, for quick finding/adjustment of frequencies
Clip LED

Yeah I use Equality on fuckin everything. It's so cool that I'll be able to do linear phase on certain bands, like when I wanna do an extreme highpass on a drum room or something where the eq phase cancellation could possibly have a negative effect on the original signal.

I might've missed something here, but what does it bring to the table that eQuality doesn't already do, apart from band specific mid/side/stereo and phase control and the spectrograph?

It looks great, I'm very interested. How's the filters' and circuits' sound?

Interesting to see an allpass filter too. Wouldn't that do the same thing as the Little Labs IPB for example?

Through the presets, you can turn this EQ into just about every EQ known to man, and it sounds phenomenal, but don't take my word for it. Be the judge yourself. I've never seen a that is this customizable. People around the net have said such things like...

"I would call it the best EQ plug in ever made, I would call it the best plug in ever made period."

I might've missed something here, but what does it bring to the table that eQuality doesn't already do,

Do a little searching online. Dave took everything that made eQuality just about the best EQ available (arguably) and improved upon it in every way imaginable with EQuilibrium. I'm still just getting my head around the new plug in, but I can already tell you I probably will never load up eQuality again.

this is the best sounding and flexible ITB EQ to ever be released. feels like analog.

eQuality I've been a LONG advocate and fan of, but I like it more for cutting (which I do very little of, but when I do I always reach for eQuality if my HP/LP plug-in of choice isn't doing it for me.

Dave Gamble is an absolute GENIUS. This is a VERY interesting time for DSP + Algo development and moreso, for us guys who are mixing either hybrid of totally ITB.

It seems our understanding of what makes analog gear tick and how to turn that into 1s and 0s ACCURATEKY is growing at an exponential rate as of the past year or so. Guys like Slate, Fabrice and Eiosis AirEQ and a handful of others are starting to really 'crack the code'; per se'.

I mean, christ, we now have an EXACT, SAMPLE ACCURATE emulation of a Lexicon 480L. All the algo's in the big ole expensive box literally reversed engineered and made available to us all. Relab 480L is insane.

He even offers you a FREE LISCENSE if you can hear ANY differences between the real deal and his plug-in, I'm assuming with a proper test of course, but STILL. Bold claim.

Not to rant, but I'm still not happy with ITB compression. Not at all.

BUT, VBC and the audio demos Slate recently posted have me convinced that Fabrice has once again just hit the fucking ball RIGHT out of the ballpark.

I cannot WAIT to slap VBC on my 2buss (I'm a HUGE 2buss compression guy and mix through and am EXTREMELYYYY picky!!!!

RED3 ITB? WHATTTTTTTTTTTT

Oh crap so the 480L plug has finally been released!?

What an exciting time for mixing!

It's amazing to see how the 'analogue' curves on equilibrium differ to the straight digital clean curves that eQuality offered. I now understand why the 4k boosts seem to sound so gentle in comparison! The Q is bloody massive and the shelves start miles before the set point.

Oh crap so the 480L plug has finally been released!?

What an exciting time for mixing!

It's amazing to see how the 'analogue' curves on equilibrium differ to the straight digital clean curves that eQuality offered. I now understand why the 4k boosts seem to sound so gentle in comparison! The Q is bloody massive and the shelves start miles before the set point.

My thoughts EXACTLY regarding eQuality and equilibrium!

And yeah Ermz, the COMPLETE (with all algo's) 480L as been out for a short few months now.

It's insane. Not my go-to box for everything but I can't deny how amazingly well it blends with the source, especially in the context of a mix. Just an INCREDIBLE plug-in.

You must try it immediately!

Need to try this.

Verbs are great now ITB. Valhalla room and vintage getting used loads. Softube/NI verbs are decent 224/480 emulations. Need to try the exponential audio verbs, former lexicon engineer designed them and they're getting insane reviews. And obviously the relab 480L.

Saw Nolly post this.. I'm gonna have to check this out having used EQuality for quite a while now as my go-to EQ...

Can't wait for this!

the COMPLETE (with all algo's) 480L as been out for a short few months now.

It's insane.

I am using the UA Lexicon 224 and have been really happy with it myself. Where is this Lexicon 480??? Link me up bro!!!

I'm really happy you guys are enjoying EQuilibrium as much as I am. It sounds like this is just the beginning too. It sounds like Dave has a lot more planned for feature updates in the future. Dave has been a great dev and really stands behind his work.

I am using the UA Lexicon 224 and have been really happy with it myself. Where is this Lexicon 480??? Link me up bro!!!

I'm really happy you guys are enjoying EQuilibrium as much as I am. It sounds like this is just the beginning too. It sounds like Dave has a lot more planned for feature updates in the future. Dave has been a great dev and really stands behind his work.

I believe he's talking about the ReLab LX480 - http://www.relab.dk/

Do a little searching online. Dave took everything that made eQuality just about the best EQ available (arguably) and improved upon it in every way imaginable with EQuilibrium. I'm still just getting my head around the new plug in, but I can already tell you I probably will never load up eQuality again.

Yep, I did, and all I can say is "wow".

Also, very, very good price for it too.