New SoloC... coming soon

LePou

Apr 29, 2008
Quebec, Canada
Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that a new SoloC will be out soon. I’ll probably release it in 3 versions:
- PreAmp (as the previous version but with another GUI),
- Head (same PreAmp with a PowerAmp model)
- FullStrack (Head plus two impulse loaders)

This way, if you don’t like how the cabinets sound in the FullStack version, you will have the opportunity to use the Head version with your favorite impulse loader (Boogex, KeFir, etc). And if you don’t like the tone of my PowerAmp model, you will be able to use the PreAmp version. And if you don’t like the PreAmp tone, you could use something else, as long as you keep playing and having fun, after all there is so many good free stuffs out there like AcmeBagGig, Nick Crow and Dirthead to name a few.

New features included:
-a quality switch which allow to reduce oversampling to save CPU (3 versions)
-a mono/stereo switch (Preamp and Head, maybe not the FullStack)
-settings saved by channels (3 versions)
-new way of channel/mode selection to allow automation and switching with an external controller (3 versions)
-a PowerAmp model (obviously, for Head and FullStack)

More specifically for the FullStack version:
a) two internal default IR cabs provided by Alu (Wild Hades)
b) for each IR loader
-a switch between internal default cab and external impulse
-a mute and a phase inverter switches
-a delay of up to 100 samples
-HP and LP filters
-Pan
-Volume
-Automatic trim of the impulse to minimize phase issue
-Automatic normalisation to minimize volume difference between impulse
c)two modes for the impulse processing
-separate : independent control of each impulse
-blend : both impulses are centered panned and the 2 volume knobs are linked ( rising 1 volume knob decreases the other one by the same value in order to keep the overall volume level)

That’s about it. I'll post screenshots later
Be patient, it should be out soon.

LePou

I think Peavey, NI, IK Multimedia and all other ampsim "giants" should start getting worried because LePOU, Nick and ABG is giving us all we need at a GREAT quality. Not to mention the other sims like Dirthead and so on.

What I wanted to say in short: AWESOME.

I'd like to repeat the question I asked in the other SoloC thread.
For the two cabinet impulse loaders. Would it be posssible for you to make a knob for a freely adjustable phase from 0° - 180°?
I think it would be great to match two different impulses.

Hey Unicorn,

I just saw the other thread on SoloC started by my friends at AcmeBarGig. Regarding the phase adjustment of the impulses, I think you'll be able to acheive that using the phase inverter switch and the sample delay knob. This knob can be used to do that, as well as distance simulation. It's not a delay like a delay effect.

LePou