Dmg Equilibrium Released

Looks awesome, but just a question on the digital theory of all this - it took developers this long to recreate this thing in plugin form on a modern PC?

480L.jpg

How is that possible? The processing power in that box is probably less than my phone

Looks awesome, but just a question on the digital theory of all this - it took developers this long to recreate this thing in plugin form on a modern PC?

480L.jpg

How is that possible? The processing power in that box is probably less than my phone

Well, it took this long to almost 100% accurately (sample accurate with the HW, according to the dev) emulate this reverb for all of us at an almost indiscernable difference from the HW.

@Ermz, I'm still in love with the Bricasti impulses and compares to the 480L sound it's apples and oranges. Both have their uses, but it all depends on the vibe you're going for.

I use both most of the time, depending on..

Just mastering a project using Equilibrium and damn, this thing is pretty impressive. Granted, I was using the Logic Channel EQ and Linear Phase EQ's for the project earlier and did some mix tweaking before having a go at it again, but still. I'm having better results than I had earlier and I'm spending far less time. I still have 20 days of the demo left and I'm already pretty much sold.

My biggest gripe is I'm accidentally moving two bands all the time though, and why do all my gain knobs disappear when I create a new band by double clicking at the dark area? I know, user errors, but they're sort of counterintuitive! I'd prefer if the multiple band moving happened just by normal click & drag selecting and cmd + clicking, instead of normally selecting a band by clicking and also always temporarily adding the band you're hovering over to whatever selection. If I stray from my selection, I only want to control the band I stray to. I couldn't find anything about it in the manual, but judging by the configurability, I'm sure these can be changed somehow.

Just mastering a project using Equilibrium and damn, this thing is pretty impressive. Granted, I was using the Logic Channel EQ and Linear Phase EQ's for the project earlier and did some mix tweaking before having a go at it again, but still. I'm having better results than I had earlier and I'm spending far less time. I still have 20 days of the demo left and I'm already pretty much sold.

My biggest gripe is I'm accidentally moving two bands all the time though, and why do all my gain knobs disappear when I create a new band by double clicking at the dark area? I know, user errors, but they're sort of counterintuitive! I'd prefer if the multiple band moving happened just by normal click & drag selecting and cmd + clicking, instead of normally selecting a band by clicking and also always temporarily adding the band you're hovering over to whatever selection. If I stray from my selection, I only want to control the band I stray to. I couldn't find anything about it in the manual, but judging by the configurability, I'm sure these can be changed somehow.
I have the same issue, and I believe this is actually a bug. I read Dave intends to fix it when he gets back from his one week post-release "vacay"

It's still a bit too buggy and fidgety to replace eQuality for me. I'm still way quicker on that plug-in. Will give it a few weeks and see what he cooks up to streamline the experience a bit.

Yeah there's a bit of bugs. I end up moving two bands all the time also by accident. Plus I can't seem to get linear phase mode enabled without adding a ton of latency, this is with delay compensation on max in PT.