Do i need a DI,or is my podx3 just as good?

Ok
So this mix has no bass in it
and it's extremely rough and all that blahh blahhh blahhhhhh
haha
but this isn't about the mix
the beginning pause is basically the example of the noise being gone and then any little pauses throughout the song
If you can hear the slight slight echo it's the cavity of my floyd rose in my guitar
Here's the clip

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=915244&songID=7501720

got it. I've tried scooping it out before, but I was recording with a distorted signal rather than just the DI signal so it may have been magnified by the excessive gain. I'd be interested to hear what it sounds like without it.

EDIT: Listened to the clip you posted. Sounds good!!

ah, gotcha.

Also, I've noticed that active pickups will amplify this sound if you're sitting next to your computer.. or your monitor. So maybe that's what was causing the issue back when I had the old Pod Pro.

The difference in the di tones Sean in Silence reamped is way bigger than i expected .

In conclusion :

guitar - di - reamp with gearbox = better

guitar - Pod = Fail in life

????

This is really anoying, i thought the pod and gearbox should sound the same . now i want to buy a di box and gearbox .

Noob question ........... do i really need a di to record clean guitars ? the instrument input on any interface is not enough ?¿

The Pod and Gearbox sound exactly the same
If anything, recording straight from the Pod might sound better than recording a DI and using gearbox
that's an AB test I've yet to... well test
hahha:)

And that depends on the interface
If it colors your tone in any way
then it's generally not ideal for recording DI signals

Interesting thread here!

I can't listen the comparison clips posted right now, but assuming that a good DI box it's better than Line6 stuff, a question rise: if I own a line6 toneport, how can I use a additional DI box with that?

So let's say:

I got the Toneport, that act both as a DI box (accept guitar signal) and as a soundcard, to provide no latency and stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I plug a DI box in the normal input of the toneport, sound will be threated again and getting worse again.

Should I put the DI in a normal Line in input of the toneport? Or, should I just can the toneport and buy another soundcard + DI box ?

Hey all I was just buying a Countryman Type 85 when the shop gave me an advert to a newer Countryman DI box called the Countryman Type 10.

here is the link to it:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/countryman_di_type_10.htm

The price of the Type 85 is £153.81
the Type 10 is £194.11

I think the Type 10 was released in Februiary this year 2010. But I have no idea whether it is the right bx for me or any differences between this and the type 85.

I use both passive and active pickups, and reamp.

Thanks to the guy that made this forum post - legend.

I'm going to temporarily hijack your thread really quick.

I've been using a Profire 2626 for a DI box for guitars and bass, and I really like what it does.. Do a lot of people use firewire interfaces for guitars? I thought they were mainly for mics and whatnot.

if anyone know anything about this Countryman Type 10 compared to the Type 85 - I can't find enough information online.

it's quite annoying as i just wanna buy a new di box to compare against my Rig Kontrol 3, and literally was just gonna get a type 85 and compare but i might as well get a type 10 if it's a better device. help would be appreciated - thanks all