Do I need a different type of player to view High Resolution MPEGS?!?

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
I'm trying to watch a tv show in what I believe is in high resolution, (HR = High Resolution, NO?!?!?) Well Windows Media Player doesn't even respond, and Winamp plays it in choppy slow mo. What do I need to do to alleviate this problem?!?! :zombie:

Uh.. Pentium 4 processors have issues playing those types of files but you may not have proper codecs either so I'd say try out this codec pack and give it another go. Click the part that says: Windows Vista/XP/2K/9X/ME and the d/l will start, then install. If that doesn't work you may need a different codec called CoreAVC... which isn't free :/

Is Pentium M a Pentium 4 processor?!?! I know jack shit about the internal workings of a computer. As far as the codecs go, I installed X264 and DD or some shite a while back, so I should be ACe Frehley on that front. Don't fret though, I found some non HR files that I am downloading. Life is good!

I was going to suggest that but thought I'd just point him towards the codec pack since I don't know the extent of his video viewing. That thing has codecs for everything (except the CoreAVC one) Just in case he ran into this problem in the future he'd be well taken care of.