do marshmallows exist in europe?

delt

and his staff
Nov 27, 2001
Montréal, Canada
www.deimos.ca
today Joaquim, the appartment owner (he's portugese) was burning some wood in the back yard, so i went to the convenience store next door and bought a bag of marshmallows to roast em on the fire. Joaquim asked me what was that, he never saw a marshmallow before :) !! he tasted one and said it was good -) :tickled:

i ate half the pack :erk: :ill: :zombie:

they've got to exist in europe. after all they are named after the polish inventor Georg Marzmallov who developed the formula for gelatin in the late 1600's, which is what marshmallows are, besides sugar, by observing the composting patterns of dead horses, particularly their hooves, pasing by in the streets of warsaw, the dead livestock capital of the western world at the time. they were so popular that they became part of the triangle trade that took place in colonial america in it's beginning years. slaves were shipped out of africa to the american colonies, the rum went from new england to eastern europe, and the bastard shipping barons in africa were payed in marshmallows for exporting natives. need more proof? ever heard of the marshmallow act of 1769 that prompted the coining of the phrase "no taxation without representation?" everybody knows that the colonist were just looking for an excuse to fight, but what else were they supposed to put in their tea? it wasnt until the gold rush when disenfranchised miners brought africanized honey bees back east of the mississippi from new mexico, and thus bringing about the "honey goodness craze" that eventually made it to the deep south and cause lynyrd skynyrd to write the song "sweet home alabama."

Of course they exist! :dopey: I don't think I've done it in Spain (I don't know if you can find real marshmallows there) , but at least in Norway I 've been for a walk in the mountains with a bag of marshmallows several times :hotjump:

blazingelectricdeath said:
they've got to exist in europe. after all they are named after the polish inventor Georg Marzmallov who developed the formula for gelatin in the late 1600's, which is what marshmallows are, besides sugar, by observing the composting patterns of dead horses, particularly their hooves, pasing by in the streets of warsaw, the dead livestock capital of the western world at the time. they were so popular that they became part of the triangle trade that took place in colonial america in it's beginning years. slaves were shipped out of africa to the american colonies, the rum went from new england to eastern europe, and the bastard shipping barons in africa were payed in marshmallows for exporting natives. need more proof? ever heard of the marshmallow act of 1769 that prompted the coining of the phrase "no taxation without representation?" everybody knows that the colonist were just looking for an excuse to fight, but what else were they supposed to put in their tea? it wasnt until the gold rush when disenfranchised miners brought africanized honey bees back east of the mississippi from new mexico, and thus bringing about the "honey goodness craze" that eventually made it to the deep south and cause lynyrd skynyrd to write the song "sweet home alabama."

Damn, dude.. you sure as hell know your marshmallows. :p

> I hear cordial doesn't exist in the United States.
> Is that true?

wtf is a "cordial" ? i live in Canada and at least never heard the english word. what is it in french?

blazingelectricdeath said:
and i thought i was the king of useless culture :lol:

@delt: his name is Joaquim? How cliché! :lol:
Does he have a cousing named Manoel too?! :lol:

lmao! that reminds me...i remember this one time when i was camping with my bros and some cousins; we were roasting hotdogs and marshmallows over the campfire at the lake near my hometown and my cousin's caught on fire. :lol:

marshmallows are especially tasty when you put em in hot chocolate. they melt and get all gooey:D and of course the chocolate makes em even yummier. same with s'mores, you got the graham crackers with the chocolate and the marshmallow all melted and sticky and gooey.

ja, i love chocolate and marshmallows when they're melted. :D