Do Men Dislike Wit in a Woman?

I love it how when I make jokes about my girlfriend, sometimes she tries to act pissed about it but she loves it at the same time, so I think wit is important in woman, so you can make jokes and she won't feel humiliated or wtv about it, but instead laugh and try to make comebacks, but what truly is funny is how when they are a bit humiliated they still love it, of course I'm talking about jokes with boundaries.

But to be honest I really prefer to be the funnier one when I'm around my girlfriend, I think it's simply in a man's nature to be the one impressing the girl, but however I'm not a macho dude, I think making jokes together with your girlfriend is essential.

What is best to keep in mind that being male and being female biologically has a little bit to how the mind works. That being said, some guys are more feminine than some women, and vice versa. There are always different relationship situations between a man and a woman, and its best not to stereotype either gender because you will be proven wrong, it doesnt last forever.

I personally prefer a smart woman. If she doesnt have it together mentally she becomes untrustworthy because she cant think straight. If a person isnt trustworthy you dont have any business being in a relationship with them. I was single for a long long time because I didnt trust women. Period. I didnt want VD diseases and didnt want the risk although I had many opportunities to have liasons. The mental aspects just werent there. I think relationships are good, and fortunately I have a great one with my wife.

Some men like women with wit, some dont. I always feel a woman is lying to me if she pretends to be dumb or acts like she likes everything I do, its like, what does she want from me? Women really are no different from guys, sometimes much worse in wanting and getting things so its best if the woman seems witty and is upfront, otherwise I would never trust her.

...I personally prefer a smart woman. If she doesnt have it together mentally she becomes untrustworthy because she cant think straight. If a person isnt trustworthy you dont have any business being in a relationship with them...

Some men like women with wit, some dont. I always feel a woman is lying to me if she pretends to be dumb or acts like she likes everything I do, its like, what does she want from me? Women really are no different from guys, sometimes much worse in wanting and getting things so its best if the woman seems witty and is upfront, otherwise I would never trust her.

I graduated in the top 3 of my high school class, and my high school sweetie graduated at the bottom. We had been together all through high school, and we always joked pretty equally with each other and friends. After one year at our respective colleges, we spilt up. He found a girl that he was smarter than. And he actually sited that as one of the reasons he was leaving me. (there was no mention on whether or not she was funny or witty).

My boyfriend now, I would say, he and I are equals in the intelligence category, but he, by FAR, is a much funner person than I. But by no means does he like it if I stay quiet when we're out with friends or sitting at home by ourselves. I regualrly join in when joking and being witty.

If men don't like women who are witty and funny, I haven't really met one. Personally, I enjoy when I hear guys saying, "hey, you're really funny!" or "Hey man, you picked a girl with a sense of humour!". But of course, each indivuidual is different and different realtionships have different dynamics.

And as far as being upfront. I believe that is VERY important. My beau and I met under ridiculous circumstances and its amazing we're still together. We had a "one night stand" kinda thing, and he ended up calling me a week later to see if we could meet for lunch. When we did, I ended up easing the conversation into what I actually expected of us. I never expected him to call back, and I never expected anything beyond that lunch. But when he saw how straight forward I was...well...we're still together.

He is by far the funniest person I know. And for what its worth, I find that incredibly attractive.

Could be that people can be more likely to envy someone of the same sex being wittier than being better looking (within reasonable extremes.) After all, looks fade but a riveting and uplifting character can last for a lifetime. But it should be that anyone would be very pleased to have an entertaining friend of course.

Apparently most men like women to laugh at their jokes but not to be funny themselves. This seems to be because men use humour to impress women and feel competitive about this skill. Perhaps if the woman seems to be "better" at it, then he feels inadequate. But not all men are like that. There are some who would choose a funny woman over a non-witty one, if neither was otherwise any better in other respects. Thoughts?

If it's not cutting remarks aimed at me all the time that aren't meant in a 'loving way' :lol: then fine. I am extremely used to that type of thing anyway and I can laugh at my own mistakes and so on, also use self depreciating humour occasionally. I really like funny women actually. Depending on the type of humour it could make them seem more friendly and approachable, so hardly threatening.

I think it's to do with my personality that I would still go for them if they are funnier than me. I don't really care and I'd be thinking they're going to be a fun person to be around.

There is definitely competitive humour with us men though, sometimes it's all from one story and they try and each build on it with some added remark, the one that isn't funny fails.