Do those bar coded stickers on top of CDs piss you off?

16S

all gods fail...
Apr 14, 2007
Reading, UK
I order most of my discs from mail order and i absolutely hate those stickers that are stuck across the top of the jewel case with a bar code on. When you peel them off however carefully they always leave sticky smeg all over the case.....rant over.......:cry:

Pop the bottom hinge out, remove the front peice entirely...you will have more leverage for removing the sticker by pulling it away with the whole cover than by pulling at a corner of the sticker. Yes, "Dogbones" are a pain in the ass, but if you try this they come off a little easier and leave for less sticking to the cd afterwards.

Pop the bottom hinge out, remove the front peice entirely...you will have more leverage for removing the sticker by pulling it away with the whole cover than by pulling at a corner of the sticker. Yes, "Dogbones" are a pain in the ass, but if you try this they come off a little easier and leave for less sticking to the cd afterwards.

Exactly what I do - just take the whole cover off and pull it back over the rear of the case.

Like everything else on this forum, the key is practice!
When I worked at Rasputin Music (Bay Area indie record store) taking those things off was second nature. Those and the clamshell cases. Never mind that the sticker needs to go across the open side of the jewel case, not the top. Kids would come in and slide CDs right out without disturbing the seal fairly regularly.
Take a pocket knife or razor and cut the sticker along the seam of the jewel case first, then peel off the two pieces one at a time. It'll be a lot easier and it shouldn't leave goo.

Pop the bottom hinge out, remove the front peice entirely...you will have more leverage for removing the sticker by pulling it away with the whole cover than by pulling at a corner of the sticker.

+1, the singer of Alien Ant Farm taught me this at the Warped Tour in like 2001, haha.

I came here just to say this.

THIS.