Do you feel a thrill of excitement when..

I still think TXF is their best album in the last 15 years. The songwriting is 10 times more interesting than anything on DOD or BNW. Sure, Blaze is not a singer. He doesn't have a voice at all and he would be laughed off the stage in most karaoke bars too.
But still, his presence is not enough to destroy the album for me. Many of the songs had the epic feel unlike a song such as "Dance Of Death".... if that song was their best attempt of doing an epic, I swear to God even Hall&Oates had more talent in that department.

The X Factor is proper heavy Metal, i'd say it was Maiden's heaviest album. It shows a different side to Maiden as well as new ideas, it shows how much variation they can show in their music. I really thought that Maiden were still moving forward when they released that album but B

The X Factor is proper heavy Metal, i'd say it was Maiden's heaviest album. It shows a different side to Maiden as well as new ideas, it shows how much variation they can show in their music. I really thought that Maiden were still moving forward when they released that album but Bruce decided to come back and ruin it all for Maiden. Maiden are now stagnant and just have the same old sound which isn't quite as good as it used to be. It is obvious that since Bruce came back Maiden are running out of ideas and are gradually drying up.

Profånity said:
The X Factor is proper heavy Metal, i'd say it was Maiden's heaviest album. It shows a different side to Maiden as well as new ideas, it shows how much variation they can show in their music. I really thought that Maiden were still moving forward when they released that album but Bruce decided to come back and ruin it all for Maiden. Maiden are now stagnant and just have the same old sound which isn't quite as good as it used to be. It is obvious that since Bruce came back Maiden are running out of ideas and are gradually drying up.

Bruce came back after the atrocious Virtual XI. That wasnt Maiden moving forward, that was moving backwards and I think that Steve and the other guys new that if they continued with Blaze that they would be done for. I thought BNW was the best since 7th Son and I had high hopes for DoD but if this last album is any indication of what Maiden is planning to do in the future well then they will definitely dry up.

Rodrigo said:
Bruce came back after the atrocious Virtual XI. That wasnt Maiden moving forward, that was moving backwards and I think that Steve and the other guys new that if they continued with Blaze that they would be done for. I thought BNW was the best since 7th Son and I had high hopes for DoD but if this last album is any indication of what Maiden is planning to do in the future well then they will definitely dry up.

i like vxi, but i agree it was a step backwards from X by going a more metal radio friendly less dark route. i didnt have high expectations with bruce returning. the band had been doing the same kind of albums and the same show with different stage sets and a different bruce rant inserted. i was happily surprised by BNW-now we have the dance of drivel and an album even crapier than their previous worse-NO PRAYER FOR THE DYING!

as far as steve and the other guys knowing if they continued with blaze blablabla-that's bullshit! no matter how many times antiblaze folks want to tell their version it's fairly common knowledge now that the band was trying to go public and sell bowie-bonds and their japanese backers suggested bringing bruce back would boister sales. blaze's health problems caused cancelled shows on both tours he was on which wasnt a good selling point. bruce and adrian were still part of maiden holdings so they came back for the big bucks and blaze got a wad of severance pay.

the dod tour didnt sell out in ny or la-both of blazes tours with them were more successful. i think it should be fairly obvious to everyone (except rod...)
that if the band is going to quit touring and only release albums they better rethink their album production before releaseing more crap like dod.

from their own words and actions i think if we see 2 more studio releases from maiden that will be the end-if the next is like dod 1 more will be 1 too many.

luckily there's still
ARMORED SAINT
:D :D :D
Another island man arrives like a fossil winning a tidal bought
WE WILL CONTROL THE OLDER WAVE!!!
:worship: :worship: :worship: