Do you have any collections?

thanks! whew, it's like a drastic alteration to our appearance each time one of us unveils a new avatar or caption. lol.

Originally posted by Duvall
Oh! I collect debt. I have a lot of that.
ironically, the person who takes that debt away from you is called the "debt collector." hmmmm....

I think I'm going to need to overhaul my "forum appearance" again sonn myself... Hmmm...

My mom collects cat stuff much like your giraffe's, I would imagine, Lina. My Dad's allergic to them so she can't have one, so instead there's little stuffed cats, porcelain cats, etc.

I used to collect pins a little, it started at CJ '93 - "Canada Jamboree" - I was a boy scout in my youth (shut up) and trading pins was the thing to do there (I'd never be able to stand it now with the, albeit often subtle, religious overtones). I have them in my desk somewhere. I never use that desk to write anything on, it just holds stuff...

My CD collection attempts to reflect quality over quantity... I could probably have 300 or so by now but I get rid of the ones I really don't like and thus keep it growing at a slower pace - currently around 150, I think.

I do literally collect thoughts, although not so much recently... got to get back into that.

Holy shit, Hoser. I was at CJ '93. I mean, there were 13,000 people there, but it's still bizarre. I got a number of pins from there as well. I wonder if I traded any with you?

Small world.. well, country.

*cue music*

Oh yeah! The Quebec Hydro pin was the prize of my collection. A "Q" with a lightning bolt as the little tail. Very cool. :lol:

Broken guitar strings. :lol: There's always lots of them around my house

300+ cd's

500+ mp3's (Of Cds that i can't find in australia)

Pro-Tools source files. :lol: I've got so many damn sessions that my computer hardly even turns on anymore.

Originally posted by Duvall
Holy shit, Hoser. I was at CJ '93. I mean, there were 13,000 people there, but it's still bizarre. I got a number of pins from there as well. I wonder if I traded any with you?

Small world.. well, country.

*cue music*

Oh yeah! The Quebec Hydro pin was the prize of my collection. A "Q" with a lightning bolt as the little tail. Very cool. :lol:

Heheheheh.. cool! The highlights of the journey for me, I seem to recall, include the day trip into Calgary for the Calgary Stampede (at which I probably got my coolest pin - this big one that says "pro rodeo jamboree" on it. It was sought-after, but I never traded it... I also seem to recall getting "screwed over" by some guy in taking this simple little "Alberta Lotteries" pin in exchange for one of my nice Fraser Valley Region ones), going to the hot springs in Banff, and (of course) the night when it dropped to 16 degrees below or something ludicrous like that and the army was called in with blankets. I seem to recall sleeping in all of the clothes I brought for the entire week that night...

Where would you have been living at the time? Thunder Bay, was it? I do have a kinda ugly green and orange "Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada" pin. I have a "Thunder Lightning Freightliners" pin with a little bolt...

Originally posted by Kushantaiidan
:) I used to collect hat pins. I have about 200, from places I've been. They are useless things that I shouldn't have spent my money on. I also collect cats. I only have about 40 though. Other things I've collected:

Stamps: 3 albums
Money
And other lame things that I won't admit too.

In the name of Iscredites, I bump this thread!!

I used to collect match boxes, stamps, stickers, stones, leaves, coins and stuff like that but I don't do it anymore. Now I'm collecting CD's and trying to collect books and movies.

confession: in my living room i have a six foot tall bookshelf displaying my generation one Transformers, some still in their box. i have a about 60, and they are worth quite a bit. my wife has an identical bookshelf right next to mine with her Breyer model horse collection. we're geeks at heart. i have about 400 CDs, too, and my dvd collection for our home theater is growing, but that's not going to get too much larger..
i'm also packrat of PC hardware; one room is littered with parts and every now and then i piece together a system and get some money for it somehow.

-iz

welcome back kush!

well i've collected alot of things when i was a kid but right now i'm starting to collect todd mcfarlane figures. Two of my friends got me two of those figures for my birthday so now i'm gonna start collecting some other ones