Do you have any unopened CDs?

Jack Nippleson
May 13, 2007
I'm curious. I know of people who will buy two or more copies of an album, keeping one sealed in the plastic wrap and using the other one to listen to.

I received my limited edition, sealed digipak copy of Stratovarius's self-titled album today and I want to open it so badly but I'm getting the nerd urge to keep it sealed in my collection forever and just go buy a regular copy to spin from time to time.

Furthermore, I like the shrinkwrap they use on digipaks more than the regular plastic wrap on jewel cases. It's a little more durable, yet somehow easier to get off.

I go by the same rules I do for scotch, you can invest in it and let special items gather dust and appreciate in value but damnit all it was made for enjoyment. Scotch was made for drinking and music made for listening. Enjoy it in the moment and don't look back. Life's too short and you can't take it with you. :cool:

Very wise words, Dom! I think it's getting to be too much pressure for this weak soul to take, so that wrapping is coming off after work :lol:

I don't keep anything sealed. LOL I find too much enjoyment in just opening something new! :D

I've got a couple of unopened ones......in this case ones that were given to me by certain bands. who turned out to be dicks and as a result I refused to listen lol!

This is fantastic :lol:

I've got a couple of unopened ones......in this case ones that were given to me by certain bands. who turned out to be dicks and as a result I refused to listen lol!

Do you keep hold of the CDs? If you do, could you not use them as coasters, or frisbees?