Do you like my promo flyer?

mickrich

Aug 2, 2007
I am doing a bit of promo on facebook with a local rehearsal studio.
This is the flyer that I'm using.
It stands out really well on the page and is getting lots of "engaged users"
Muzzle_Trackmix_Flyer.png

soooooooooooooo true about Comic Sans, god damn, I hate that font! Just had a customer
who thought it would be cool for his business...NO WAY!

In the end, in this context, it might work, so it's not that bad, if you want something else
in the future, hit me up ;)

I'll be completely honest with ya.

1) You use Comic Sans. Comic Sans is not to be used. Even when being ironic. Ever.
2) You use four (4) exclamation marks after each sentence. One exclamation mark is fine, three is acceptable but pushing it and four should be punished by law. Points for sticking to four, though, and not going with two-seven-four, for instance.
3) There's no empty space before the clusterfuck of said exclamation marks when ending a sentence.
4) The graphic that is drawn by someone else (is that the Dehklok thing?) is badly pixelated due to stretching the image. Yup, you guessed it, that's bad as well.

You're right about "it stands out", though...

^ with jarkko here.

if i saw a flyer like this i'd think, "man someone spent two minutes in Paint to make this", and that's the kind of advertising you're better off without. this might come off sounding like a dick comment but... just trying to help here.

Thanks for the opinions.
I am no graphic designer, that's for sure.
I didn't realise comic sans was such a faux pas.

Seems to be doing it's job anyway, lots of shares on FB.