Do you like this forum?

Do you like the new forum???

• Yes

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • No, I want the old one back!!!

Votes: 11 26.8%

• Total voters
I didn't post there often, but I prefer the old board. I agree the extra features on this board are nice, so it's not about adjustment to "change". It's just that I like to pick and choose whose reply I want to read (based on subject line and/or author) and I can't do that here. I have no choice but to open each thread and sift through all replies in their entirety. A lot of times, people will reply with info not necessarily related to the thread subject (i.e. a sub-thread). Again, you can't know or be selective without opening the original thread and going through all of it.

How about adding some kind of option which will let you choose to "view all contents of replies" or "view list of replies by subject/author"? Just an idea.

I'm just curious how there's so many people who voted yes when most board regulars say they dislike the new format...seems fishy to me.

I don't think it's strange...if you look at the replies,you'll only see 5 or six people saying that they prefer the old board.Those who like the new one just don't feel so much the need to write something,because they're happy with the situation.
You really want to experience situations like the one with the several ledmags some months ago again?
If someone continued impersonating me,I would be out of the board for good.It's better to have this one,than no board at all.
Give this format a chance.Change is never easy.

Originally posted by mgp
I'm just curious how there's so many people who voted yes when most board regulars say they dislike the new format...seems fishy to me.

Remember, we're also counting everyone who was here before us too...:loco:

Guys (& gals) let's face it, this is the way it is and it isn't gonna change, so we may as well accept it. Nevermore probably wanted it this way, and asked Wendy to do something!!!!

Warrel did not ask Wendy to change the forum, nor was he consulted about the change. Somehow I doubt he will be posting here now.

If getting impersonated was the only problem, it's possible to have the old-style board using voluntary registration. The Dimmu Borgir board is an example. (It's basically a mod to the same type of board Wendy has on her Steve Digiorgio site.)

I'm not saying I hate this board and won't use it...geez, I'm a fan of the music...I just like the old board more. No big deal.

Why is that fucked up? When I first started this website they requested a forum so people could have discussions. It has been Matt's WWWboard for years and recently we changed formats.
The setup of the discussionboard is different, that's all. There's still room for discussion and personally I find this setup more professional and better organized.

Some people are treating it like it's a major deal, but the forum has changed formats, that's all. The policy is still the same. And it's not the racism peace conference threatening to fail or HP taking over Compaq.

I realise some people might prefer the old setup over this one, but does it really matter how you discuss Nevermore or music?
It's about content, not formats.

Old dog don't learn new tricks?

I see you nevermore fellas post alot and that's damn good thing!
ultimatemetal is the best bbs I ever seen. It's fast, clear, easy to use, you can edit/delete posts/threads, etc... and here is many good forums + reviews, interviews... goddamn what else we metalheads could want to?

My dream would be that we get all our favorite bands in here, then we don't have to surf between the pages to red new postes... and here you can find many more awesome bands you never heard before!

Cheers to you all! :D

I bet people aleady recognized that this issue shows how much people love the Official Nevermore forum as comminucation area among NVM fans... But hey just the forum format change happened this time as what Wendy said. There's no difference between the previous forum and the new forum, in point of discussing about Nevermore, music and so on here. It's not a big deal to learn the new stuff so as to discuss about such of this great band...isn't it?

I personally think the band may post here sooner or later if you guys enjoy this forum and the band appreciate you guys' comments....

A-Spice
NP: Arch Enemy - Wages of Sin

I don't think that people that never went to the old board should vote. That is not fair because of course they will say that this one is better. They did not know the old one.

Originally posted by wendy
Why is that fucked up? When I first started this website they requested a forum so people could have discussions. It has been Matt's WWWboard for years and recently we changed formats.
The setup of the discussionboard is different, that's all. There's still room for discussion and personally I find this setup more professional and better organized.

Some people are treating it like it's a major deal, but the forum has changed formats, that's all. The policy is still the same. And it's not the racism peace conference threatening to fail or HP taking over Compaq.

I realise some people might prefer the old setup over this one, but does it really matter how you discuss Nevermore or music?
It's about content, not formats.

NO, it's about the fact that the board is now policed and monitered more closely...IP's are now logged, and obviously now, Wendy is NOT the only person who has access to this information. The old board allowed for anonymous posts, which, sometimes could get out of hand, but they were easily ignored if you chose to do that. Regulars haven't been posting as often, one in fact, MAGS, has disappeared completely. How is this helping the board? People have posted things that they may not be comfortable posting in a forum where their messages can be traced. What's annoying to me is people from other boards who obviously aren't "neverheads" wanting us to discuss and review other bands and shit. I thought this was the NEVERMORE board, not a frigging album review themed board. I'm not trying to be closed minded here, but this board doesn't have the grit and soul that the old one had. Just MHO. My simple question is this - it's been said by everyone "in charge" that this board is easier to maintain. What are you maintaining? And how exactely is this board any easier to "maintain" then the last one? I still think the board was changed for image reasons, not content.

Originally posted by ASpice
I bet people aleady recognized that this issue shows how much people love the Official Nevermore forum as comminucation area among NVM fans... But hey just the forum format change happened this time as what Wendy said. There's no difference between the previous forum and the new forum, in point of discussing about Nevermore, music and so on here. It's not a big deal to learn the new stuff so as to discuss about such of this great band...isn't it?

I personally think the band may post here sooner or later if you guys enjoy this forum and the band appreciate you guys' comments....

A-Spice
NP: Arch Enemy - Wages of Sin

Don't get your hopes up, Warrel hasn't posted in ages, why would he now?

Sowwy don't be mad....

personally it doesn't matter to me which one we use, but I just thought the band themselves had more control. I mean, they used to care about it anyway...

No Jody, I am not upset with you. I can understand that you thought the band had requested it. But it was just a decision I made as the webmaster of the site, I didn't see it as such a big deal. It is not like I went behind their backs and went against their wishes and switched formats.

Mark of the UltimateForums approached me, offered to host our forum for free, without banners or additional fees. He configured it as a 'free access for all'- board, so that registering was just optional. And I think he's done a great job.

I am just getting a little tired of people who keep complaining about the new format of the discussionforum. I understand some might prefer the former way the board was set up but to keep going on and on about it gets a little tedious after awhile...

They have made it clear how they feel, stated their opinion, what's the point in going on and on about it?