Do you still support?

Vitor

Unconventional [Listener]
Mar 21, 2007
Rio de Janeiro, BR
pt-br.facebook.com
Bands that recorded some ''experimentals'' albums, and when they realized that were in the wrong way, decided to come back with another metal album (or not).

bands like: Kreator, My Dying Bride, Satyricon, Tiamat, Paradise Lost, Anathema, Pyogenesis, The Gathering, and many others.

how do you feel about it? do you expect that any bands come back? would you absolve them again? do you consider betrayers any bands?

I am not really a "fan" of any band. So for me, if a band puts out a good release, I will buy it and listen to it. If they put out an album I dislike then I don't buy (or keep) it. If they then put out a release I like, I will get it and enjoy it. No allegiances, and no held grudges, as it were.

The closest I get to being a fan is probably Iron Maiden.

EDIT: And the closest thing to a grudge is toward Metallica...

Hypocrisy is evidence that a band can return to their roots if they actually tried.

Truth. Don't forget Moonspell. I don't really like the albums that came out after Sin/Pecado. They made a nice come back album with Memorial really good stuff.

Anyways I'll definitly support bands that come out with comeback albums. It prooves they are smart bands for being able to change and learn from their mistakes and make good metal albums again (or non metal albums I like non metal also, look at Alice Cooper for a stunning example of a band that went to crap and started making good albums again in the present time).

I do support bands that try some different stuff. I won't write them off if they never get back on the right track.

However, I'm still waiting for some bands, like In Flames, to turn the shitastic switch off. Come Clarity might have been the first step backwards in the right direction... and is the only reason I haven't given up completely yet.

Maybe that band is far from a good example but immediately comes to mind...

I think it depends on my experience with a band. If you grow up with them being a certain way and then all of a sudden they transform (take Tiamat for example), then the transformation is probably more likely to be disappointing than for someone like me whereby they had already 'sold out' before I'd listen to any of what they had to offer.

But aside from that, if its good, I'll generally support it. However this is pretty rare, as most bands take a turn for the worse.

I have always supported Kreator.

Unfortunately, the bands I like, who have experimented and left their roots, have still not quite come back, eg: Sepultura.

I think every band will change at least a little in their career but some bands just plainly suck when they do (*points to Metallica*) while others improve in sound (like MDB) but I don't really care about some band experimenting as long as they don't do it to try and get more money.

I probably prefer Anathema and The Gathering's newer stuff to their older stuff.
I prefer newer Anathema and Katatonia vs. old so I can agree. If a band comes out with few bad albums in a row and then redeems themselves with something amazing, It's hard to write them off. Id say the only band that has been written off for eternity from me is Metallica. Just like AchrisK stated.