Do you think these bands are selling out for fashion?

boxed_kat

New Metal Member
Oct 16, 2009
halifax
www.rockworldeast.com
Hi guys..

I work at a place where we keep getting these new types of t shirts in. They are 'All Over Prints'... you may have seen them before, they're the ones that have a print allover the front and back, right up to the neck and shoulders...

What do you think of them? I'm on the fence. I like them, they're cool cuz they're different... but i think the standard band logo on black simply can not be replaced...

which one do you like better:
Allover: http://www.rockworldeast.com/store/CLOTHING_T-Shirts_Hoodies_Accessories/All_Over_Print_Band_T-Shirts

or

Classic: http://www.rockworldeast.com/store/CLOTHING_T-Shirts_Hoodies_Accessories,Band_T-Shirts,Rock_T-Shirts/Bon_Jovi_T-Shirt_Heart (jesus, i dont know why i chose a bon jovi shirt... sorry)d

What's your opinion? Think they're here to stay or its just a fad and will fade away?

I dont mind them. There is always fashion involved in some way or another even in metal. You cant ever escape that. Personally I wear more clean and simple shirts. I usually go for the ones with just the logo on the front. I never liked big prints such as a whole album cover.

The shirts do seem to be quite trendy, and not something that appeals to me. As far as I know these types of shirts are more common in deathcore and genres I don't listen to. Personally, I'd rather just have a plain black shirt with the band's logo on the front in silver or something like that.

But I don't think that these bands are selling out for fashion. I'm not even sure how much influence they have in these matters and I doubt they really care what their merchandise looks like. It seems like these shirts are fairly popular so as long as people are buying them then good for those bands.

actyally, surprisingly enough.. from what ive learned, the band actually does have a say in what gets printed. they dont come up with it themselves, they pay other people to design but the band usually has to give the final ok...

i think it will just be a fad. last maybe a year or two.. who knows tho..

I dont mind them. There is always fashion involved in some way or another even in metal. You cant ever escape that. Personally I wear more clean and simple shirts. I usually go for the ones with just the logo on the front. I never liked big prints such as a whole album cover.

youre right about fashion always being involved. some people used to give me a lot of flack for wearing a bullet belt because i guess it was too 'fashion metal' for them.. whatever. i liked it. i still wear it sometimes

I think just having the logo on the front makes it more effective as it draws more emphasis to it. However, it can work pretty well if it's not a band T-shirt. Check out some of the designs on this site:

http://www.spiraldirect.com/

You have to admit, some of them look really cool.

Also, I wear a studded leather belt but I hate scene kids. Am I a hypocrite? That's not a rhetorical question, I'm seriously worried.

i just took a look at that site. some of those are actually pretty cool. even though its cheezy i liked the 'Torment' shirt. the one that had like a giant disney style castle on it... well, thats what it reminded me of anyway. like a strange gothic disney...haha

It is a really good site. I prefer the ones with the hot vampire chicks on them but that's just me. The ones that make it look like the shirt's been ripped to reveal the skeleton underneath are pretty cool as well.

They remind me of the shirts that have a "majestic" scene on them with fucking wolves or deer on the shirts. You know the kind that rednecks wear to go out someplace nice like fuckin' church or Walmart.
wolf_shirt_10.jpg

Like this.

I don't care for them. Its either weird kids that'll never get laid that wear them or the local douche. Give me a simple all black with a band logo shirt any day.

Shit, man, that shirt is awesome. :p

I have one like that with a jaguar on it, but, yeah, I have trouble thinking of anywhere I could wear it without looking like an idiot.

I still love the shirt. I have a slightly more drawn-back one for Sonata Arctica that has a howling wolf on it. But I also have some just-band-logo ones. Depends on my mood.

It's not selling out to try to market your t-shirts to be stylish, nope. Selling shirts = making money = comfortable life = good for the band.

The allover ones are pretty cool but I would always place looking fashionable over advertising my music taste when it comes to clothing.

Also, I wear a studded leather belt but I hate scene kids. Am I a hypocrite? That's not a rhetorical question, I'm seriously worried.
Let's see...you're 16, you wear a studded belt, you like Chimaira, and you're worried you might be a scene kid...I've got bad news for you.

They remind me of the shirts that have a "majestic" scene on them with fucking wolves or deer on the shirts. You know the kind that rednecks wear to go out someplace nice like fuckin' church or Walmart.
wolf_shirt_10.jpg

Like this.

I don't care for them. Its either weird kids that'll never get laid that wear them or the local douche. Give me a simple all black with a band logo shirt any day.

Man, ever since I bought this shirt women can't resist me. My penis is sore from all the sucking. I bought six more so I can wear them every day.

I would say overall I'm drawn more and more towards simple shirts. One of my favorites is a Suspyre shirt that has just this:
SuspyreLogo.jpg

As for the all over print shirts, I'd say they scream core to me.

Oh don't you go talkin' shit about wolf shirts WinterTyrant. I can't believe I let that one slip. Love the reference WAIF, I know exactly what you're talking about.

Let's see...you're 16, you wear a studded belt, you like Chimaira, and you're worried you might be a scene kid...I've got bad news for you.

Damn, that sucks. :erk:
Well at least I'm not at the attention craving retard stage yet and I've never worn a pair of skin tight jeans in my life and don't ever plan to. If it makes a difference, I only own one studded belt and it's like four or five yeras old. When I first got it, I didn't know what a scene kid was.

fashion? everything is fashion these days anyways, just look at gaahl. so I dont mind them, but I rather have a shirt with the album art on or the band logo with some lyrics as the back print.