Does Age Matter?

the name of the pieces is not what the characters on them mean, but rather what they symbolize, like luck, North, South, East, West and the Centre.

•Ÿ@’†@¼@“ì@“Œ@–k

maybe your computer cannot read the characters.
the kong, is actually named for Confucious, but I don't know the game very well. Just thought it was funny that you play in Finland.

I clock in at 19, with the first year of college finished. Caught onto Opeth late in the game, with BWP, but better late than never.:D Since then, I've purchased their whole catalogue, so I'm hoping that makes up for it.

My other favorite bands...

Tool
Children of Bodom
Nevermore
Savatage
Dead Can Dance

Paul

I also love Jeff Buckley but it's no comparison to his father's music.
Tim Buckley's double live cd "Dream Letter" is one of the top 5 musical works of art I've ever heard. Plus Tim's other albums, particulary the first 3, "Tim Buckley", "Hello Goodbye", and "Happy Sad" are all, imo, better than JB's "Grace", which I also love.

Any other Tim Buckley fans here?

:cool: DEAD CAN DANCE............incredible group!
twas a very, very sad day the day they broke up...

DEAD CAN DANCE............incredible group! twas a very, very sad day the day they broke up...

Indeed, Brendan and Lisa created some truly remarkable works. "Into the Labyrinth" and "Toward the Within" remain my favorites after all this time; the two hid their stride with these albums. 'The Carnival is Over' is just beautiful melancholy captured perfectly. A great band before being swept up in what I personally thought was a failure in Spiritchaser. :cry: Still trying to decide if I should pick up "The Serpent's Egg" or "Spleen and Ideal," though.

Anyone care to pick these albums apart or recommend them? Ahh, DCD, a great band with Opeth-like brilliance at combining mood and contrast.

Paul

I'm 22. On other boards I've run into lots of metalheads in their 30's and 40's, one even aged 60. I have no plans on abandoning metal as I age. I definitely plan on listening to Opeth for many years to come.

My top 5 non-Opeth bands:
Iron Maiden
Emperor
Slayer
Stone Temple Pilots
U2