Does anybody even care about the new year?

MetalManCPA

Papa Opeth
May 19, 2001
Visit site
Do you look forward to the new year, or is it just another day to you?

Do you waste your time coming up with a new years resolution? I've always wondered why you can't make resolutions the other 364 days of the year.

Are new years eve parties any better than any other party during the year?

Other than the calendar changing, new years doesn't do much for me.

Other than me taking a few months to start writing "02" instead of "01," and the fact that New Years will be one of the only times I can get all my old friends together.. A good excuse to get a lot of kisses too! (one year I kissed over 80 people.. some of whom I didn't know at all) :loco:

I won't take much notice of it. It's just another winter passing.
I also don't make resolutions, because they're quickly forgotten. If I'm going to improve my life, it'll be spontaneously, in the middle of the year.

I do enjoy the countdown.. and I always get to pop the champagne (which we spend way too much money on)..

the new year is special because we will get a completely new currency in europe (well, in the participating countries), the euro or €. i wonder what it will bring for the future.

Nah, not really. It's just another day, but everyone is saying "Happy New Year!" so you don't have much of a choice but to be constantly reminded of it. New Year's resolutions are just a tradition. Who knows, maybe there's some belief that I never heard about that if you try doing something you couldn't before, that the first day of the year has some magical effect that no other day possesses. :rolleyes: (Yeah, in your head!) As far as the parties, I think the craziness they have in Times Square is something to see, but I've been to some really killer Halloween parties! No, the year changing on my calendar doesn't do anything for me but say, "Hey, you're a year older today." :err:

I always pretend it is not a big deal to me like all you guys do but i always end up looking at irc chats ( this year probably this forum ) crying and not knowing why. I think it does bothers me than even if i wanted to care and celebrate i have little or no people to celebrate with in my life

I tell you here in Chile the new year marks the beginning of the vacations period :cool: , so almost every child, young or grown up guy is waiting for this party come to town jeje.

Besides, it's one of the most great parties ever here in Latinamerica, almost every man and woman get completely drunk and a lot of people die in car accident so our population don't exceed the 15 million jaja

Well , I`m waiting for it because I`m going to a lake on vacation where I always get a lot of pussy and a lot of fun and relax also
:D

i don't really care about new years and stuff.it's just like every other day..... one should make plans and promises to oneself every single day,not only at the end of the year......
well well for me the Christmas+NewYear holidays is just the ideal way to have some holidays during my favourite season :cool:

Vultureculture@The Euro will bring hmmmm roars of laughter ;)

i always make a really good new years resolution and then do absolutely nothing to make it happen... its the thought that counts..

Eclipse: "tell me, are you people made out of ice?" :rolleyes: You act as though it's the first time you've ever heard these types of reactions in here. ::knocks on Eclipse's forehead:: HELLO! :p And for your information, I'm made of stone.

Demonspell: "Yeah, I care about the new year, especially since we stand to get Opeth's next masterpiece in 2002." Now THIS is a fine point that I can honestly look forward to. Good call, Demonsepll.

"And the last site I did see is still here...