Does anyone focus on music to the point where they neglect personal hygiene?

Do you ever focus on your musical activity so much that you neglect personal hygiene?

• Yes... frequently... I am a mix-scutter!

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sometimes... I make an effort to compensate!

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • No... I take pride in my sparkling appearance!

Votes: 25 50.0%

• Total voters
I don't get how you can work to your full potential while being sloppy and unclean and stuff. Being showered, shaven, fed and properly dressed focuses my mind more than any coffee/tea/NOS/etc ever does.

I don't get how you can work to your full potential while being sloppy and unclean and stuff. Being showered, shaven, fed and properly dressed focuses my mind more than any coffee/tea/NOS/etc ever does.

You need some better coffee dude.

Just kidding, I actually agree with you.

Am I the only one who regularly goes 1-2 weeks without changing pants? Every other article of clothing I change daily, but I dunno, with pants, I just can't bring myself to care :lol: (not like I sweat anywhere below my junk and above my socks, after all, except when I work out, and then of course I wear shorts or sweats)

Am I the only one who regularly goes 1-2 weeks without changing pants? Every other article of clothing I change daily, but I dunno, with pants, I just can't bring myself to care :lol: (not like I sweat anywhere below my junk and above my socks, after all, except when I work out, and then of course I wear shorts or sweats)

Yup, I do this, especially with my nicer jeans. Washing frequently is bad for most clothing, and I spend too much on jeans to have to replace them frequently. :lol: I have 3-4 pairs I really love and rotate between, and usually don't have to do wash (besides shirts/underwear/socks) more than once a month max.

I love being clean and well dressed while I work. It provides some weird reassuring mental security blanket. Having said that, when I leave this place after a long mix session I'll usually have a hedge on my face, and be trying to catch up for the 1 meal per day of the last week.

Marcus, I used to do this but my wife picks my clothes right after i use them 2 times max. I could wear jeans for 1 week confortably (the place i live in 30 degree Celsius when it is fresh eheheh so no cloth can stand one´s nut sweat more than this). I also hate buying clothes, so like Jeff, it helps saving ´em.

I only own a pair of pants, and i tend go through them in a week.. so yah, at least 3 days with the same pants.
Underwear, socks and shirt every day though(Just as you do ;P).

things got pretty stinky during the slice the cake vocal sessions, let's put it that way

Generally speaking, jeans or cutoffs don't go in the wash for a few weeks... the jeans i'm wearing now have been worn for i'd say a week and a half straight, but they haven't been washed since i bought them a few weeks ago...

i've got like 3 pairs of cuttoffs and 2 pairs of jeans... the only time any of these go in the wash is if they get something spilled on them or if they're starting to smell which with denim takes a while...

T-shirts every 1-4 days get tossed in the wash (depending on the usage...) and thats unless my lass steals em... leaving em a li'l loose around the chest...:heh:

What the fuck? serious question?

I take care of ME first, above all things (besides the people I love, I guess). This includes, but is not limited to: proper hygiene/attire, food, sleep, jacking off, and tea.

You didnt need to answer Jeff, we all know about your powdering techniques :p Im with you though... I take pride in my sparkling appearance.

F***! You remind me I'm recording since I woke up this morning and forget to eat and take a shower........
And I can't find the time to go to the hairdresser, I have to wait until I finish my album:headbang: (will take less than a year I hope!)
Does it answer your question?:heh:

I've been like two weeks on the same jeans and my wife just started yesterday "it's time to wash those jeans, they're starting to look dirty" hahaha

Its pretty common for me to completely forget about eating, drinking, shaving, washing and up to a certain point... sleeping when I'm heavily involved in writing and recording music.
Not so much now that I'm married and the wife helps to pull me back into reality every few hours or so. In that respect I'm better at taking care of myself now that I'm no longer a bachelor.
Of course, I cant really take credit since its mostly my wife who looks after me when I'm distracted with a project.
Last night she came in to check out what I was working on and asked if I was thirsty... She came back a couple minutes later with an ice cold Guinness Extra Stout :headbang:
Its an added bonus to shower with a naked chick, too... a bit more rewarding compared to when I was a bachelor.

I don't want the band to come to work with an AE who smells like cock cheddar and has kebab sauce all over his clothes. I like working in a clean environment, too. Doesn't have to be super tidy or anything, just clean enough to feel comfortable. I take pride in my gear and what I do, so why not let it show?