Does anyone know of some good free cymbal samples?? Also, sample programming question

J.DavisNJ

\m/
Nov 8, 2005
NJ, U.S.A.
I don't have my EZ drummer here right now, and I'd like to combine some cymbal sounds with existing drum sounds I have. Anything decent would be cool.

Also, I'm attempting to put together a sample "bank" of various samples from the web. Some from sneap, and other various ones. What I've been doing thus far is just opening a track, using apTrigga, and my M-audio trigger finger to draw in the hits. I'd like to figure out how to create a sample library so I can program each button on the trigger finger as a separate drum hit. Right now I have to designate one hit per track, but it gets kind of messy with that many apTrigga windows open.

Sorry if I phrased that question weird, but I don't know how else to explain it. Also, I'm using Logic. thanks

-Joe

Hey thanks for the reply..

Question: Can I use my own samples in Battery 3, integrated with theirs? Like, my kick and snare, together with their cymbals??

Also, is Kontakt essentially just the sampler of Battery without samples included?? thanks

-Joe

Yes, you can use your own samples along with any other sample (including theirs). I have been using battery 3 for less than 2 weeks and already know all the functions of the program. It has a very smart interface! I don´t know about Kontakt, but anyway, I don´t use Battery´s sample library, I preffer my own kits and Steven Slare Drums samples.

Yes, you can use your own samples along with any other sample (including theirs). I have been using battery 3 for less than 2 weeks and already know all the functions of the program. It has a very smart interface! I don´t know about Kontakt, but anyway, I don´t use Battery´s sample library, I preffer my own kits and Steven Slare Drums samples.

Awesome man, I was checking out the demo before and it seems very easy to use.

One final question: Is there a way in the program to export each hit as a separate track in your recording software??

-Joe

There used to be a free set of samples from Natural Studio Drums called 'nskit7 free'. It had some good cymbal samples in it, but it's not available on their website anymore. I don't know how suitable for metal the cymbals would be, though... there's no china.

I have it on my samples drive, so I can upload the whole set or just the cymbals to Gavin's FTP if anybody is interested.

Is there a way in the program to export each hit as a separate track in your recording software?
You mean, like have one track in your DAW for each piece of the drumkit? If so, yes, in the options menu. They will show as tracks of your VSTi, and you can choose as many channels you may need (stereo and mono). Then you have to setup each cell to the desired channel.
untitled1dm3.jpg

oh, I remember this free drumkit from Natural Studio! It was a SoundFont, uh? (SF2)

There used to be a free set of samples from Natural Studio Drums called 'nskit7 free'. It had some good cymbal samples in it, but it's not available on their website anymore. I don't know how suitable for metal the cymbals would be, though... there's no china.

I have it on my samples drive, so I can upload the whole set or just the cymbals to Gavin's FTP if anybody is interested.

yeah , i use its hihat and crashes i think... but it sucks for metal imho :(

i'm looking for some usable cymbals, too...

I´m also looking for hats and crashes. Anyway, I´ve been using some hats that I made, maybe this can help you, who knows :)
CO HH
WAV, 24 bits, 48Khz, Stereo.

Although they are not multi-velocity samples, you can use them on alternate mode (cycling).