does anyone own this lcd monitor?

for 50 bucks more you can get a samsung thats the same size. My friend has had one for about a year w/ no issues.

Ive never owned a dell computer and or monitor so I'm no help there...

I was looking at the Acer 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor at Target the other Day by my place. It was like 150.00 but the reviews were kinda mixed on new egg. I might spring the extra 50.00 and go with the Samsung just to play it safe. Though that dell looks tempting as well!

i dont know about the lower end dells, but the nicer s-pva monitors are awesome.

i would stay away from the lower end models, but for the price, who cares.

i havent had the best of luck with 22" samsungs, ive owned 3 diff models and all died on me within a year, but samsung has good support and got replacements easy and fast. on one particular model im on my 3rd replacement.

but for me, i cant stand TN panels anymore, there is quite a selection of crap out there, so just keep an eye out.

Dell monitors are rebranded versions from other companies. Some are BENQ, some Samsung, and a few are made by Sony.

They generally work just fine, and are better quality than Dell's computers.

I haven't used that particular one but my own Dell screen shat itself a few weeks ago. conveniently at the same time the power supply and graphics card died too. beware of dell hardware. all within the first 9 months of use. there's a reason its so cheap.

maybe it's just me, but i've never had a single problem with dell PC's...used them at work and school for YEARS with no problems. the PC i own now is the 1st dell i've personally owned, and the only problems i've had were caused by me doing stupid shit.

in fact, i've been happy enough w/ my current dell that i'll probably buy another one to replace this one later this year...

I wouldn't recommend Samsung. I'm on my second replacement monitor. Sure, they're easy to deal with, but damn man. My original monitor made this real high pitched grinding noise (!) and the first replacement just stopped working completely. Hopefully this one stays functional or at least breaks within the year warranty (hah!).

My dad has an Acer and loves the shit out of it. Its the better 22" (maybe its a 21.5") that you can only get from Staples or Walmart (weird, huh?).

I've got the 2309, which is just a bit bigger, but basically the same. I like it, but I've only had it for a few months - can't really speak about its longevity.

The one I replaced with this one lasted about 4 years and it was a Dell widescreen LCD also.

maybe it's just me, but i've never had a single problem with dell PC's...used them at work and school for YEARS with no problems. the PC i own now is the 1st dell i've personally owned, and the only problems i've had were caused by me doing stupid shit.

in fact, i've been happy enough w/ my current dell that i'll probably buy another one to replace this one later this year...

Oh i know, i'm happy with the machine, but a few weeks ago it went mental. the power supply took a shit, there was a problem where 9 times out of 10 it would refuse to boot and would go into a restart loop. at the same time the graphics card went crazy, fucking itself up. the screen itself also developed problems. all within a couple of days. reported all the issues and sent the machine back, waited a week an when it came back to me only the power supply had been fixed. graphics was still messed and giving regular BSOD with an error message relating to the graphics card. an engineer came out and had to change the graphics card and the mother board to get it working again. then we discovered the problems with the screen and i waited another week for a replacement screen.

overall it was out of action for over 2 weeks. un-cool .

and all this happened within the first 9 months of use.

just giving my experience :)

i get that many people never have an issue with dell, just saying in my case the machine failed in a big way, dell support was quite poor and it took over 2 weeks to get back up and running again.