Does the new Drudkh feature a drum machine?

Evan_R

May 15, 2001
There is no information in the booklet and I find the sound of the drums questionable at times. Speaking of the booklet, are they serious with these lyrics? I can't read a single word!

I have no idea, but I like track 6. other than that, I'm not so sure about this one yet. maybe in time

I've joined in on discussions like this before, and I will give my "expert" opinion- actually, there's no need for opinion- because these are real drums. 100% positive.

The first couple of times I spun it I thought it was ok, but I just listened to it with good headphones for the first time and it made a world of difference. It was like a completely different album.

I think the album is pretty damn good, but nothing even stands CLOSE to Forgotten Legends... there's just something totally mystical about it.

I agree that it is their worst output yet. It is still a good album but nothing magnificent like the first two. I agree with Erik about the vocalist as well. So it really is the Astrofaes vocalist that we were assuming eh?

It's a slow grower, but it's definitely a bit of a disapointment. I still haven't been able to give it a solid, proper, deep listen yet though.

At first I thought Fate was the only song I would like but Blood and Glare of 1768 are getting better. If Drudkh should be known for anything, it's their uncanny ability to grow on you over time. Even when you think there's nothing there, the songs just keep calling somehow.

I just hope once I see a place to order the CD and get it that the production is much better than these mp3's would indicate (way too much treble).

I like the album, but the drumming (which IS the most important part of Drudkh) are not as interesting as the ones on the previous albums! And the vocals, while not really BAD, are not my type of thing, really! I've only listened to it all the way through about 6 times, I'm never in the mood for this shit lately, with Slough Feg, Manilla Road, Legend, Savatage, etc. vinyls staring me in the face!

Doomcifer said:
So it really is the Astrofaes vocalist that we were assuming eh?

I think what happened was Roman Saenko of Hate Forest sang on the first two albums and Thurios of Astrofaes sang on this album. As far as drumming, listen closely and you can tell its real. Þðèé (Yuri) of Lucifugum is listed as doing the drums as well.

ScottG said:
I just hope once I see a place to order the CD and get it that the production is much better than these mp3's would indicate (way too much treble).

I will be stocking this.... hopefully soon!

Ya, the drummer of Lucifugum is the drummer for Drudkh. He totally kicks ass.

I knew aboutt he guy from Hate Forest being the vocalist, then when I heard the new album, I said to myself WHOA! Astrofaes vocalist WTF!? I just needed some confirmation. :)