Does this band really have serious fans?

At the Heart of Winter, Sons of Northern Darkness and All Shall Fall are great albuns. This is one of the few black metal bands that I really like. The band is unique in their heavyness with epic riffs.

And yeah all BM bands have faggot videos. Dimmu borgir and Cradle are no exception. But I dont care for their fag satanic worship and all that bullshit. To me it´s only the music that counts in this style.

I find Black Metal to be utterly ridiculous.

Sons of Northern Darkness is perhaps the first album by a black metal band that I actually liked, even though the image of the band is still pretty laughable.

I would like it even better if the band weren't dressed like that on the cover. :p

To me, the only black metal band worth listening to would be The Legion from Sweden. But they aren't "purely" BM either. And their newest didn't sound too good to me. But their second album slays.

This post is completely retarded, Call of the Wintermoon is fuckin 18 years old prob older than the noob that started this thread, fair enough it is fairly shite but it did pave the way for a band that’s wrote some of the best and epic METAL albums in the past 18+ years. What exactly was cool for u back in the 90s? fuckin Coal Chamber loco?

At The Heart of Winter
Damned In Black
Sons Of Northern Darkness

All the above are masterpieces which have all stood the test of time.

''I don't think all black metal is gay, just the ones who prance around in the woods dressed like Merlin. lol. I am a huge, HUGE fan of Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir.''

That is the most retarded statement ive ever come across :ill:

And what’s with the hit and miss with the rest of you? Satyricon Mother North is a fuckin classic along with the rest of Satyricon Nemesis Divina, I didn’t know this was a New Metal Forum lol
Someone going to post a video that’s supposedly hip in metal these days for me im obviously missing something here. This is grinding my gears.

The whole thing about taking it seriously? Anyone that takes any metal band seriously needs to get checked out... metal is all about the woods and the Merlins! :headbang:

rfahey86
THE NEW GUY

lol yeah new to metal.

next you'll be telling me this video sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
1266851332839.jpg
:p

Yup, that's me, lame metal riffs and hip hop beats to the grave :lol:

EDIT: Oh I see, Reneisgod deleted his post :loco:

And what’s with the hit and miss with the rest of you? Satyricon Mother North is a fuckin classic along with the rest of Satyricon Nemesis Divina, I didn’t know this was a New Metal Forum lol
Someone going to post a video that’s supposedly hip in metal these days for me im obviously missing something here. This is grinding my gears.

The whole thing about taking it seriously? Anyone that takes any metal band seriously needs to get checked out... metal is all about the woods and the Merlins! :headbang:

You see, with me, even when I don't take it seriously - it's still lame. :)

i just dont get black metal cos it tries so hard to be evil and dark and stuff
the corpse paint, the chord progressions, the lyrics, the vocals, the production, all of it. it's utterly absurd. i have no problems with people not taking their music seriously, but i get the impression with so much black metal that they really mean it. all the church burning and murders and nasty shit associated with it seems to have come from people that take this shit deadly fucking seriously. i mean yeah the days of all this old school church burning murdering norweigan black metal seems to be over but its just got something nasty about it, too much life hating going on in black metal.
give me riffs that sound like downs syndrome children playing with whammy bars having the TIME OF THEIR FUCKING LIFE any day of the week

i just dont get black metal cos it tries so hard to be evil and dark and stuff
the corpse paint, the chord progressions, the lyrics, the vocals, the production, all of it. it's utterly absurd. i have no problems with people not taking their music seriously, but i get the impression with so much black metal that they really mean it. all the church burning and murders and nasty shit associated with it seems to have come from people that take this shit deadly fucking seriously. i mean yeah the days of all this old school church burning murdering norweigan black metal seems to be over but its just got something nasty about it, too much life hating going on in black metal.
give me riffs that sound like downs syndrome children playing with whammy bars having the TIME OF THEIR FUCKING LIFE any day of the week

For me, black metal = the early/mid '90's era. That's when I first heard any of that stuff and along with it, the stories of murder and arson. Some of those guys obviously took it very seriously. The ones that didn't wanted you to think that they did. The only reason I heard any of it was because of the murder and arson.
My point of view concerning black metal never changed from then on. I thought the image and everything they were about was stupid and juvenile. A couple of the bands may have progressed beyond that, musically (Sons of Northern Darkness is a prime example), but that's a fluke for me. Black Metal is still ridiculous.