Does this idea sound like it would work? (UX1 in amp fx loop)

Cryo114

Jan 8, 2008
Kent, UK
Does this sound plausible?

Guitar > Classic 30 input

then

Classic 30 fx out > UX1 guitar input

then

UX1 analog out > Classic 30 FX return

Has anybody else done something similar? Would i need to introduce a Di box somewhere to adapt the signal?

Why would you want to do this? To use Pod Farm/Gearbox FX? You wouldn't need a DI box, though you'd almost certainly have a degree of latency since the signal would have to be digitized to be processed, then converted back to analog to be sent back to the FX return - probably wouldn't work out too well, but worth a try I guess!

Why would you want to do this?

To save money, for fun and just to see how it works out. I have very few actual pedals right now (apart from a ts and wah) and just a decent chorus or delay pedal would cost the same as a ux1. Already have the laptop which I never really use much.

To use Pod Farm/Gearbox FX?
I'd probably have reaper installed so I could use all the free amp sims and effects as well as Revalver 3 and Guitar Rig 2.

You wouldn't need a DI box, though you'd almost certainly have a degree of latency since the signal would have to be digitized to be processed, then converted back to analog to be sent back to the FX return - probably wouldn't work out too well, but worth a try I guess!

Thanks for the reply! I'm not so bothered with the latency with the setup I have with UX2 and cubase and for some reason I can get even lower latencys on the laptop.

So you dont think i'll have an issue with impedence between the fx loop and the ux1?

Ah fuck it I'm an idiot. I have a UX2 I can try it out with before I get a UX1 for the purpose. I'm just concerned i'll fuck something up setting it up like this.

Ah well, google will have at least one thread about this that's findable now.