Doing my part to spread the SX word

dreamingneonblack

All about the METAL
Nov 30, 2002
Wisconsin
Visit site
Just wanted to pass on my little story on how I'm helping to spread the SX love.

I work part time at a record store and the other day a friend of mine stopped in and I was playing him The Odyssey since I had been telling him for months that it flat out ruled. So anyway to make a long story short. He loved it and picked it up from hearing the bits that I was playing for him in the store.

While this was playing, I had another customer come up to me and ask me what it was so I told him and he also dug it. Said he had never heard of them but really liked it. The only bummer was that my buddy had picked up the only copy that we had- I offered to order it for this other person and he said sure. He has since picked it up.:headbang:

I had one other person that same night ask me about it so I'm thinking, damn- how many people out there would buy this if they actually heard it playing?

So now every week when I work there, I put that cd on repeat and just let it go all night and sure enough, I have sold 10 copies since I started doing this. I pick just one of the nights that I am there and kind of like devote the 5 hours I am there to just playing this puppy and it has helped.

Maybe if more people could do this it would mean more sales for a band who definately deserve some good fortune.

As much as I have heard this cd I am still not sick of it, which is amazing for me. I can get burned out on some cd's if I play them this much.

Anyway, I just thought I would share this with everyone.
wavey.gif

Good job. Great story.

I think a lot of people out there would enjoy this type of music if they only had the chance to hear it. We need more people like you.

It just goes to show that there would be more fans of this type of music if it got a bit of airplay. Metal gets such a bad name for some strange reason that 'average' music listeners tend to stray away from it without any valid reason. I'm not saying everybody would like Sym X even if they were on the radio but if people would listen more and not pay so much attention to image then maybe they would enjoy metal a lot more.