doing some research - please vote!

Which age category do you belong to?

• 0-24 years old

Votes: 86 77.5%
  • 25+

Votes: 25 22.5%

• Total voters
Im 19, but very soon to be 20...

My favorite Sub-genre is Blackmetal, but I also love death, melodic death and viking/folk, when we are on it anyways!! I like most metal, but these genres are the favored ones in my oppinion...

Favorite bands:

Abyssos
Amon Amarth
Arch Enemy
Arcturus
Behemoth
Blood Red Throne
Cannibal Corpse
Children Of Bodom
Covenant (That´s right, the old!!)
Cradle Of Filth (spare me, please)
Dark Funeral
Darkthrone
Dead Silent Slumber
Decapitated
Deicide
Dimmu Borgir
Dissection (The best)
Eclipse
Emperor (The best)
Enslaved
Enthroned
Excommunion
Exmortem
Finntroll
Gorelord
Gorgoroth
Hollenthon
Illnath
Immortal
Iniquity
Kalmah
Kataklysm
Limbonic Art
Mactätus
Marduk
Mayhem
Meridian
Misteltein
Moonsorrow
Myrkskog
Mörk Gryning
Naglfar
Nile
Node
Norther
Old Man's Child
Satyricon
Septic Flesh
Seth
Severe Torture
Siebenbürgen
Storm
Summoning
The Abyss
The Crown
Thyrane
Thyrfing
Tidfall
Trail Of Tears
Troll
Vintersorg
Zyklon

And dusins more....

I am 30

Favorite bands:
Kiss, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Saxon, Stormwitch, Accept, old Scorpions...
Don´t know too much about genres within Heavy Metal, and to be honest I don´t really care. I call it Hard Rock. haha
Cheerz

Twenty years old, Thrash or melodic-death at the moment or anything cool in that kind of vein!

Arch Enemy, Testament, Pantera, Dark Tranquillity, Iced Earth, Iron Maiden, The Haunted, OLD Metallica, The Crown, Down, ATG, AIC, Megadeth, Slayer, Soilwork, Kyuss(RIP), Kreator, In Flames (not R2R!), Carcass, Spiritual Beggars, Destruction, Skid Row, Priest, Ozzy, BLS, Led Zeppelin, Opeth, Primal Fear, Lost Horizon, Nevermore, Dew-Scented, Monster Magnet, Queensryche, Crowbar, COC, Corporation 187, Overkill, Sodom, Vader....etc!!!!

Smokin:

Genres:
Black Metal,Power Metal,A couple of Death Metal Bands,Progressive metal, Doom Metal,some 80's thrash and a few pop bands,no particular faviroute.

Bands:
Nile,Opeth,Nightwish,Chalice,Avrigus,Mayhem,Darkthrone,Arcturus,My Dying Bride,Cradle of Filth,Slayer,Iron Maiden,Aesma Daeva,Autumn Tears,Metallica,Slayer,Anathema,Pain of Salvation,Dream Theater,Emperor,Marduk,Rhapsody.......

I fall into the 0-24 group(I'm 19).

Favorite Genres(not going to subgenre the metal genres!):Black, Death, Thrash, Old Grindcore(the newer stuff just sucks)

Bands:
The Crown
Vital Remains
Arcturus
Hate Eternal
Immolation
Marduk
Coroner
Suffocation
Darkthrone
Terrorizer
Napalm Death(old)
Repulsion
At The Gates

I'm in the 0-24 group...18 years old....

Bands:

Opeth
Children of Bodom
In Flames
Dark Tranquility
Arch Enemy
Kalmah
Cannibal Corpse
Deicide
Nile
Dream Theater
Slayer
Tool
Radiohead(yea..i know they dont fit but i like them)

Sub Genre: Melodic Death/Progressive/Anything Classical....

Age 18.

Favorite music:

Opeth
Porcupine Tree
Katatonia
The Gathering
IEM
no-man
Andromeda
Landberk
Arcturus
Bass Communion-
and many many more....basically good prog/progressive metal/psychedlic music, good death metal, good ambient stuff, etc.

I'm 35.
Hell, I love metal! Long as it's "real" and not fucking lame commercial, plastic bullshit. If I'm forced to pick a favorite type I'd have to say Death Metal but it just depends what mood I'm in really.
As for bands/influences:
Immolation
Opeth
Emperor
Morbid Angel
Black Sabbath
Deicide
Dimmu Borgir
Bathory
Incantation
Venom
Slayer
Possessed
Judas Priest
Old Man's Child
Entombed
Nile
Cannibal Corpse
Rotting
Dayligtdies
Agalloch
Mortician
Iron Maiden
Cynic
Exodus
Hypocrisy
The Gathering
Lacuna Coil
Skinless
ect............

Plus I like other stuff as well such as classic rock (The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, ect..) and Classical (Beethoven, Debussy, List, Mozart, Dvorak....) You get the idea.

fuck im dead....haha i havent heard anything about them in a long time.
My favoritest genre is power metal. Hence PRIMAL FEAR. I also indulge in angra, hollenthon, therion, rhapsody, metalium, manowar...

Okay, I votet in 25+ while being 24, because I feel like 70. :rolleyes:
I like Progressive Rock, Irish Folk and the style Anathema, Katatonia play. And viking metal like Bathory. :)

i'm 15...

favorite genre is doom and black metal (all kinds) and melodic death.....and i'm kinda getting into death now...

bands: Dimmu borgir, cradle of filth, emperor, darkthrone, my dying bride, anathema, katationia, old mans child, mayhem, darkane, death, napalm death, carnivore, iron maiden, marduk, gorgoroth, mork gryning, amon amarth, immortal, dark funeral

those are the bands i could listen to for hours and hours...of course there are many other bands...but yea...

\m/

i am 25 (26 on new years eve) ..

i prefer death metal over anything else, bands like suffocation, nile, insision, cryptopsy etc, but love anything heavy, chaotic and mad!! dillinger escape plan, meshuggah, enslaved, gorgoroth, coalesce, emperor, converge, botch, etc etc etc ..
also love jazz, ambient, classical, hiphop, drumnbass, but its mainly metal all the way

hope that helps .. :)

I'm 23. Favorite Genre: Melodic death, among many. I'll list bands below that represent subgenre's I like. I also love 80's (like in the movie American Psycho)

Dan Swano, Metallica, Dream Theater, Dimmu Borgir, Devin Townsend (Thanks to YOU, llamura. I owe you anything you can think of. <grin>)

Well, I'm 21 and I mostly listen to black metal, Opeth, Type O Negative and other gothic stuff if I listen to metal. I also like older shit like Maiden, GN'R and stuff like that (well, that's more or about it for the older stuff).
I'm mostly into non-metal stuff though. More or less any genres that existed before the 80's.

Favorite Sub-Genres: Brutal Death/Death Metal, Thrash metal, Neo-Classical Guitar, Melodic Death metal

Bands:

Death
Arch Enemy
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Testament
Jason Becker
Slayer
Nile
Morbid Angel
Exodus
Dark Angel
Overkill
The Crown

Borknagar
Winds
Emperor
Nile
Children of Bodom...to name 5

I like reall melodic stuff, but also enjoy stuff like Mayhem and Cryptopsy.